“Fraternity Reunion” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Butler, Pennsylvania
“Fraternity Reunion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a reunion of RIT Sigma Pi Fraternity brothers. Hotel rooms were clean and had all the amenities one would expect. Desk personnel very personable and helpfu. We had a buffet dinner there along with a cocktail party. Everything went extremely well. The hotel staff met or exceeded all expectations...food great, decor well done...could not be more delighted with the service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
British Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stayed here because I thought it was an airport hotel but it is not that close although the shuttle service was prompt so that was good. It will not come after 11 pm the girl told me. I got in just after 10 pm and had no problems. The hotel is old. I did not find my room that clean but it was not dirty either. Just wall dirt, spills. Sheets were clean. The shuttle drivers and front desk clerk were very friendly. I was traveling alone and honestly felt uneasy staying at this hotel. Not sure why, but I would not stay here again. The heater in the night sounded like it was going to explode..maybe yhat had something to do with my uneasiness. Only stayed one quick night, then back to the airport.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

For the price, there's nothing much to ask for. There's a nice big place around that is used for festivals and everything. Been here many times, never disappointed once. Lots of free parking and Wifi is also free. Really convenient to get on the highway and lots of places for shopping and food nearby.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
North Bay, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We had 7 of us and were headed out for supper and briefly discussed our plans in the hotel lobby. Upon arriving at our restaurant the staff told us they had our table waiting which had been set up for 7. It took us a bit to figure out how that worked out so well and then realized the friendly front desk lady called ahead for us. I was impressed, and upon questioning her if she had something to do with that she had an unconvincing "no, I have no idea what your talking about" and a really big friendly grin. We had no problem with getting late check outs for our rooms either. The in room fridges were nice for our beverages too. The room rates my employer paid seemed reasonable. I had a nice big chicken Cesar salad for $9.99 and enjoyed some beer at the downstairs bar. I also enjoyed the sleep number bed where you could pick your stiffness of the bed, though a few guys said their displays weren't working, but they could still adjust their beds.
My only two minor complaints was the shower wouldn't go as hot as I wanted, but was still plenty warm. The second was our window looked at a wall only a few feet away, the window let light in, but didn't give any view to look out to see the weather(Hurricane Sandy was bringing some nasty stuff and I would of liked being able to see). I'm sure you could ask for a window with a view at arrival.
Overall it was a good place to stay and would definitely go back. We even all tipped the front desk lady which I've never done before.. that's how happy we were with her.

Another note we didn't know until after, but in Rochester you have to ask for a "garbage plate", apparently most restaurants have them even though they may not be on the menu, some call it different names like trash plate etc. You have choice of what is on, or what kind of plate, but it's a Rochester thing.. even the bar at this hotel has them upon request.

Room Tip: Ask for a window view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
htlmgr175, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Thank you for your comments, we hope to see you again.
Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Part of staying in a hotel is not just a clean room or ease of finding the ice machine, it is like staying at a friend's house where certain things are just expected. Integrity is of utmost importance wherever one stays.

My room was clean, it had little natural light but was comfortable.
The restaurant is not a fresh-from-scratch type eatery but it was OK. Nothing to write home about except that you miss a home cooked meal.
I did not use the pool but others did.
I did use the shuttle and found scheduling it to be a nightmare. It was all drama -
Hotel Desk: No you can't be to the airport at 5AM, our shuttle starts at 5AM.
Me: How long does it take to get to the airport?
HD: 10 minutes.
Me: OK, I'll take the shuttle at 5.
They called my room at 4:55 to tell me I would miss the shuttle if I did not hurry. Why not just tell me the shuttle leaves the hotel at 5 and leave it at that?
I carried my bags to the lobby and was met by the shuttle driver. I asked if the front desk needed a signature for the hotel extras I purchased. They did not and I was loaded into the shuttle. When I realized I had forgotten my prescription reading glass on the night table I had someone from my office call the hotel. After several searches the glasses are not to be found. So, where did they go? Did the maid service throw them away? No one claims to have seen them. Replacement cost $ 381. I will not recommend this hotel, ever. Yes, I forgot my glasses but they are custom to me and not of value to anyone else. Returning them is the right thing to do.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
htlmgr175, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
I am sorry that you lost your glasses during your stay. I did talk with the Front Desk Manager and he did go up and check himself for your glasses. I will be sure to share your comments with the team.
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

The hotel location to RIT is great.They have a shuttle to the Airport and too RIT. The hotel was clean but a bit dated. Average service levels but pleasant. Ample parking areas and good location to local shops and restaurants.

Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Stayed 5 nights at this hotel. Hotel is old, and rooms could need a update. But Service and personnel are above normal. Breakfast and food is absolutely ok. I can only recormmend this hotel. Especially if you have business at the RIT. Great shuttle service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments. We do have have some remodeling scheduled for later this year.

Been to Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport? Share your experiences!