“In desperate need of a major reno” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 20%
Ranked #21 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Toronto
“In desperate need of a major reno”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

It's back to the 1970s at this property, in both staff and decor. Dated and worn decor dominates throughout. Housekeeping is the slowest I've seen in awhile, and noisy to top it off. The friendly atmosphere is nice but a little too laid-back: a request to have the room made up (at 2 p.m.) was greeted with a yawn, and required a second request. The double bed (not queen) was really small, and very uncomfortable due to the ridiculous "sleep number" mattress that was uncomfortable at any setting. There's a nice pool and a decent exercise room, but the "business centre" is very small for a hotel this size. There's nothing else near the Rochester Institute of Technology that I could see, so you may have no choice. If you're stuck, ask if they have rooms with normal, comfortable beds.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
htlmgr175, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, May 16, 2011
Thank you for your comments. We are in the process of of doing our updates and will have additional updates done in a few months.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

I was a bit concerned about this hotel because the reviews have been very mixed. My experience is that this hotel was just fine. The front desk was efficient and friendly. The hallways are a bit dated looking and worn, but the rooms were comfortable and contented the expected amenities. The restaurant, which I used for breakfast ,was fairly priced and very prompt service. The gym and pool which I didn't use looked pretty decent. Plenty of parking and the area surrounding the hotel seems safe. While the hotel gives the appearance of being in the middle of no where there are many restaurant choices within a short driving distance. The hotel is right next door to RIT and a short 10 minute drive to the University of Rochester. Overall, I wouldn't hesitate to book this hotel again on my next trip to Rochester.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your positive comments and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. I will share your comments with my team.
Bentonville, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2011

We checked in around 9:30pm after a long day of travel. We would have checked out except for the late hour. The room was dirty. The matress was old. The bed linens were old, and torn. The hotel bar was going strong past midnight.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
I am sorry you experienced problems with your room. We have purchased a large amount of linen in the past few months and have done some additional updates as well. Thank you for your comments.
Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

I booked the room through a different website and had problems due to the big snow storm in Atlanta. Stacy at the Radisson was so nice and changed the reservation. The hotel shuttle picked me up at the airport. It was too cold (-4) to walk over to the mall the second night, so Cali, another employee, graciously gave me a ride in the shuttle. The staff has gone over and beyond the call of duty.

I will be coming back to Rochester and I will definitely stay at the Radisson.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your positive comments. I will be sure to share them with my team!
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2010

We were given a room next to the housekeeping room on the first floor. Not sure why - I made that reservation 2 months in advance. Sure enough, each morning at 6:30, laughing, metal clanging, social chit-chat and that lasted all day long. I complained at the front desk, to which they replied - ''Well, I'm sure the noise didn't start that early." ? Whatever. I need to stay there due to my child going to RIT, but if I had another choice as close and convenient, I'd do it.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
I am sorry you experienced noise during your stay and received a room by the elevator. On future stays please feel free to request another room if the one you receive is not to your satisfaction.
dayton, oh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

Got a bargain rate on Priceline--$55/night. I was a little worried that a hotel that would give me a rate that low might not be up to par. I was wrong. The whole place was spotless. The service was excellent. Great location. Sleep number beds would have been great had I know what my Sleep Number was--I made it too soft the first night and killed my back. Plus, being right next to RIT I had a perfect place to take my morning run...the campus is about 3 miles around.

All in all, an excellent stay!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for your positive comments. I will be sure to share them with my team.
Rochester NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

I actually live in Rochester but a large group of us stayed at the Radisson after an event right up the street which ran late and involved alcohol.

All of our party were very pleased with this hotel, the lobby is bright and cheery, the rooms are clean and well-appointed. Yes it does take a few minutes to figure out the "sleep numbers" mattress adjustment system, but once you get it sorted out, the bed is very comfortable. Staff are very friendly and helpful. There's a shuttle to the airport, just let them know when you need it. Breakfast in the restaurant was tasty and piping hot.

A number of older reviews say that there's nothing around, this is just not true.... there's a huge shopping mall about half a mile away, along with many restaurants..... and two years ago there was a new and very nice commercial complex added----just the other side of the condos next door is Park Point, which contains a big Barnes & Noble and several restaurants/pubs (be sure to check out Lovin' Cup, a bistro with AMAZING food!).

I would (and will) definitely recommend this place, I already book it for all my out-of-town guests.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time for your positive comments. There is a lot to do and see a short distance from the hotel. Too often we only hear when something went wrong. We serve several thousand guests a month that enjoy there stay such as yourself. Again thank you.

Been to Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport? Share your experiences!