“Utilitarian” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Spring Valley, New York
“Utilitarian”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed here to participate in a family party in Brighton, and it was fine. The front desk staff were very helpful, and the hotel is smack in the middle of great shopping, including Wegman's, which is a must for getting in-room munchies. A complaint (at the risk of giving TMI), is that my daughter had a surprise need for feminine products, and they didn't have for purchase (let along as a complimentary "something I forgot"). But the place was fine.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
GMHIEMonroe, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rochester, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Cynthia K,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review of your stay. I am glad that our location worked well for your party in Brighton. I hope next time you come to our area you will choose to stay with us again.

Brian Ugorek

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Bronx, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

The staff make this hotel a great place to stay. Their warm welcome is greatly appreciated after a long travel. Heather is very personable and attentive as are other staff as well. The breakfast is set up well and clean and fresh. The fitness room is a nice addition. The nearby restaurants make the environment easy to meet your needs.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
GMHIEMonroe, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rochester, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
annetteh828,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review of your experience with us. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and that Heather was helpful for you. I will be sure to give Heather recognition for her great effort. I hope next time you are in Rochester you will stay with us again.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

After some Thanksgiving drama with a sibling that over-imbibed, I found myself & my son without a place to stay. I came rolling in after midnight and handed over my card without even asking how much it was going to set me back. Fortunately, the room was relatively clean. The toilet did look like it had been wiped down with dirty water, but the seat looked okay. The shower was more of a mist, and the breakfast didn't really taste like real food. Was it worth the $129 + tax I spent? No. But it was quiet and the beds were freshly made, and it was a roof over our heads when we needed it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
GMHIEMonroe, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rochester, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Onsafari c,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review of your recent stay. I am glad that we were able to get you into a room so that you would have some place to go. I hope you visit us again when you are in town with family.

McLean, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel was not what I expected. The hotel comprises of 2 buildings (one next to a fast food type restaurant). Although the bed was decent, the rest of the room was a bit gross. The carpet was all patched up and the bathroom was outdated. We stayed there a total of two nights. On the first day we noticed that our shower didn't work. We notified the hotel at 6 am the next morning. It was not fixed until 2 pm that day (even though we had asked for a new room). When the service man repaired the shower a horrible smell penetrated the room. I can only imagine what was uncovered. The morning we left, we noticed the biggest, grossest silverfish bug on the wall. ...Nasty...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
GMHIEMonroe, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rochester, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
travelgal22102,

I am sorry to hear that your recent stay was not up to standards. I will definitely investigate the conditions you described and see that they are corrected or improved. We are in the process of getting carpets replaced and working on doing some renovations throughout the building to give a fresh look. I know that there is never an excuse for providing a guest such as you with anything less than the perfect experience. I am sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations on this visit to our hotel.

Mobile, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Have stayed here 4 times and each time seems a little worse. The rooms are getting a little more worn, the breakfast seems a little skimpier, and this last stay the Priority Club "amenity" was a bottle of water from Costco and a 50-cent package of crackers. I know lodging is a tough business and the economy is bad (perennially in rawchacha), but still, people are staying here from out of town- Can you treat them like guests?

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
GMHIEMonroe, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rochester, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
dlafky,

I am sorry to hear that your recent stay was not up to standards. I will definitely investigate the conditions you described and see that they are corrected or improved. I know that there is never an excuse for providing a guest such as you with anything less than the perfect experience. I am sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations on this visit to our hotel.

St-Andrews West
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We were awaken at 12:30 PM when the client above us arrived and paced the floor.The floor joists were creaking at every one of his step. At 6:00 AM upon his awakening he was again pacing the floor and woke us up again. We complained at the front desk and they said that they were aware of the problem and on our next stay The walls and floors are not sound proof. I do not recommend this hotel in Rochester. I complained to the head office and they assure me that my complain will be transmitted to the manager responsible.
Charles

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
GMHIEMonroe, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rochester, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Charles V,

I am sorry to hear that your recent stay was not up to standards. We are analyzing the floor noise situation and working on a solution so that this is corrected permanently. I know that there is never an excuse for providing a guest such as yourself with anything less than the perfect experience. I am sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations on this visit to our hotel.

Central NYS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We spent 3 nights in a suite here while attending a wedding and were very pleased. We were in Building 2 which does not have an elevator but we were on the first floor so that was not a problem. This building is only a few feet away from the main building where a full breakfast is served every day.
Our suite had a full kitchen area with a coffee maker, decent-sized mini-fridge and a microwave. The rooms were large and clean. Although this hotel is located near the expressway, we couldn't hear any traffic noise at night. Large flat screen televisions were in the living room and bedroom. The mattresses were not bad, but seemed a little too hard to me. Less than a mile away there is a large mall, and there are several restaurant choices close by. Check in and check out were easy. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Building 2 has no elevator.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
GMHIEMonroe, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rochester, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
sgcurise,

Thank you for taking the time to give a review of your recent stay with us. I am glad that you found the accommodations to your liking and needs. I hope on your next trip to the area you choose to stay with us again.

Brian Ugorek

Been to Holiday Inn Express Rochester? Share your experiences!