A group of 4 on a short trip to N.Y. State during the President's Day in 2008. We did not make any booking ahead of time. We just walked in and asked if there was any vacancy. We got a guestroom with TWO double beds @ $104.99/night which I thought it was a fair price for a Friday night stay especially a long weekend.
It was after dinner time and was close to 10pm when we checked in. It happened to be some flooding happened around those days, and there were some industrial size blowers setup to try to dry out the carpet. We were told the incident did not affect any service inside the guestroom and nothing bothered us as the issue happened to be around the hallway entrance near to the front desk.
Parking was free and spots were around the building accessible area and lighting was good. The Holiday Inn Express consisted of 2 buildings (might be more) and we stayed in the main building where the front desk was located.
Since we were just staying one night so that we did not bother to care much. We could see there was a small GYM room with couple of machines inside where located on the group floor of the main building.
Our room was clean, not much complaints at all... no problem with the bathroom whatsoever. TV has over 40+ cable channels. Wifi connectivity was excellent and it was complimentary.
Next morning, we had the breakfast right outside the main lobby and selection was pretty much similar to every other continental breakfast BUT LACK of a waffle maker which I liked so much. Family found the scrambled eggs was made by Powdered Whole Eggs instead of real ones, but I was ok. We checked out after breakfast.
Over all, it is ok to stay for the price we paid. If there were only two of us or just myself, I would find it's too expensive. But since 4 people splitted, I found it's reasonable.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Rochester Hotel Rochester
- Holiday Inn Express Rochester Hotel
- Holiday Inn Rochester
- Rochester Holiday Inn
- Rochester Holiday Inn Express
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express hotel in Rochester is conveniently located near major Interstates 590, 490 & 390 and the NYS Thruway I-90. We are just a short drive from the Greater Rochester Intl Airport as well as Nazareth, St. John Fisher, Rochester Institute of Technology, University of Rochester, and other universities in Rochester, NY. Our Complimentary hotel amenities include our Express Start Hot Breakfast each morning where you can relax and read the free weekday newspaper while enjoying our featured famous Cinnamon Buns and Pancake Machine, 24-hour Business Center, free fiber optic high-speed wired & wirelessInternet access, 32 inch LCD TV's with HD Programming, and Fitness Center. Here we go beyond to offer a level of service and comfort that is sure to exceed your expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Rochester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.