“Good value in downtown Rochester” 4 of 5 stars

Advance Purchase 15% Off
Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Rochester
GreenLeadersBronze level
Wilmington, Delaware
“Good value in downtown Rochester”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

The Hyatt Regency Rochester is in the perfect central location for us to stay while visiting family. The rates are decent for Rochester, and with a Hyatt Platinum membership, I usually upgrade to a suite when available. Also, the parking is discounted to $4 per day
The staff is very helpful and attentive. The restaurant has a great breakfast buffet with lots of organic and fresh choices for $18.
The rooms are a bit dated and could use some refreshing

Room Tip: Room 516 had lots of stains on the carpet and is a bit dated
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This was our first time at a Hyatt hotel and from some of the reviews I thought it would be better. I was very disappointed when we got there to find that this hotel is very dated and worn. We were first given a room that looked like someone had a 70's party in it, lamp shade was broken and the carpet stained and dirty. They gave us another room and this one was marginally better, but the same worn dated decor, hasn't been given any attention since the 70's, there were a couple of burnt out bulbs in the bathroom. The next morning I had to call the front desk for a hairdryer.....this is so basic to every hotel room. We went to the pool area with our daughter and there was nobody there to supervise. There were some neglectful moms there with kids racing around on the very wet deck. They actually thought it was a good idea to bring the babies/toddlers into the hot tub with them, never saw anyone do this before. There should have been hotel staff there to warn of dangers. There is an accident waiting to happen at this pool if it hasn't before. All of that being said, the hotel staff were very nice and accommodating. The Hyatt needs to put some money into this place, fix up some rooms and hire a lifeguard. I just thought it needs some work and should not be rated so high

Room Tip: There probably are some better rooms but I'm not familiar with this hotel or the chain so I woul...
Green Features: Not sure of their practices, didn't see any literature on the subject there.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I stayed here for 4 days in the beginning if Aug. for a conference. The service of staff was completely accomodating. I left my charger home and staff charged up my phone for me, gave me a great room on the 24th floor overlooking the City and was always willing to share sightseeing suggestions. They also have free shuttle service to and from the airport which is a rarity today.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the City
Green Features: Wish they kept to the "no towel washing if hung up" but otherwise a great stay
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I come a few times a month for business. The hotel is beautiful, but the staff keep me coming back. From Xavier, Sandus, Nicole, Sang and Dallas at the front desk to Lori and her wonderful staff in The Scene on Main! I always feel welcomed and they go out of their way to make me feel special!

• Stayed August 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I am just finishing a 5 month, 5 day a week, stay at the Hyatt in Rochester. This has been my home away from home and my second family. I can't say enough about the great people who have made my stay there wonderful. Some that deserve mentioning are Lori who manages the restaurant and the bountiful breakfast buffet. Nichole, Char and Garland who have provided great table service and made me feel at home every morning. Carolyn who makes the best omlettes. And, finally Mike who greets me every morning when I get done working out and come down for coffee.
If you need to be in downtown Rochester for any reason, I highly recommend the Hyatt. Rooms are big, clean and well kept. For one night or an extended stay this fit the bill perfectly. I will miss the breakfast buffet. There are so many good choices whether you want a little or a lot. I hope I get the chance to come back soon!! MikeG

Room Tip: The basic rooms are nice and big, higher rooms avoid street noise, although there isn't that muc...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I was amazed by the fact that every staff member was attentive and friendly. I never had to ask for help, it was offered. Most all of the staff looked you in the and greeted you. I credit the management because, everyone had a good attitude. Lobby needs updated. Rooms are clean.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

The catering manager Chet and the entire staff did an absolutely amazing job with our wedding weekend!! I had been working with Chet for over a year planning my wedding and he was an absolute pleasure to work with!! My new husband and I cannot stop talking about how smoothly and beautifully everything went!! Family and friends stayed at the Hyatt the entire weekend and we received so much feedback that the staff and hotel was excellent! From the bartenders, to the front desk attendants, to the banquet and catering staff, to the housekeeping - they all did an absolutely amazing job and there is nothing that we would have changed about the entire weekend!! The presidential suite was amazing! What an emotional weekend! Everything was amazing and the staff was awesome!!!!! If you are looking for a great wedding venue in Rochester, NY we would highly highly recommend the Hyatt Regency Rochester hands down!

Stayed July 2014

Been to Hyatt Regency Rochester? Share your experiences!