“My Second Home” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Fajardo, Puerto Rico
“My Second Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Everything is 5 stars, I have no complaints at all. Your staff is so accommodating I do not even want to leave back to Puerto Rico. If I could buy an apartment at this hotel I would. This place reminds me of a 5 star beach resort back home in PR. A place where everything is exceptional from airport pick up to the restaurant. I typically order IRD but decided to try the restaurant and the staff were all amazing. From Garlands outgoing attitude, Char & Erin's Service, Lori and Christine's attention to detail, Mary's Omelets, my housekeeper Esparonza, and Sondus at the front desk would do anything for me even if I did not ask.

I will be staying here from now on when I visit Rochester, I will never stay anywhere else even if it means paying the extra price for the perfect service! Thank you!

Luis

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Nicole M, Manager at Hyatt Regency Rochester, responded to this review, September 9, 2014
Thank you for your five star review of the Hyatt Regency Rochester.

We are so glad to hear that you enjoy your stay with us. We strive to make each of our guests have the best experience possible. We want to provide you with authentic hospitality that will make this like a second home for you. It is wonderful to hear that we are your preferred hotel. I'm also glad you decided to take advantage of our in house restaurant. We have a great team over there and the breakfast buffet as been growing which you saw with the new addition of our omlette station. I will be sure to tell the restaurant staff all the wonderful things you had to say. Thank you again for the outstanding review.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

First let me say I never leave reviews but the amazing experience I had warrants one here. We threw a party for my father's 90th birthday party; unfortunately, I live in NYC but Chet and Christine and their team were absolutely wonderful with their help from the detailed information they provided on our first call, to their assistance with planning, and through the actual event. They stayed in constant touch thinking of details that I didn't anticipate and making helpful suggestions via email. Then, when the actual day came, there was someone on hand the entire time, providing the level of constant attention that you would think would be reserved for a large wedding instead of our relatively small birthday party. They were there to cater to ever need. Also--the food was delicious and the set up impeccable. Thanks to Chet, Christine, and all your team for making a memorable day.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your five star review of our downtown Rochester location, Hyatt Regency Rochester.

I am very glad to hear that your event went so well. Thank you for sharing such a special occasion with us. I am glad we were able to be a part of it and make it special for you. I will be sure to pass on all the wonderful comments to Chet and Christine. They are both very great at what they do and always work hard to make sure every last detail is perfect. I am happy you enjoyed working with them and that they were able to make your father's 90th birthday all that you imagined it to be.

I hope we get the chance to welcome you back again soon. Thank you again for your wonderful review.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I came had a minor problem with my room.The front desk staff fixed it immediately and they were amazing for my whole stay.They were helpful with me find local shopping centers or anything else I needed. I have stayed in a lot of nice hotels however I have never met so many sincerely nice people at the front desk and so attentive and caring. Dallas,Soudus and Ben were outstanding. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Nicole M, Manager at Hyatt Regency Rochester, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you for your five star review of our downtown Rochester property, Hyatt Regency Rochester.

I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us and that our front desk staff was able to assist you during your stay. We have a great team who all sincerely want our guests to have the most enjoyable stay possible. We go to great lengths to make sure that our guests are comfortable and happy throughout their entire stay. I am glad Sondus, Dallas and Ben were able to make your stay more enjoyable. They are great members of our staff and I will be sure to pass on the wonderful comments.

Again, thank you for the review and I hope to welcome you back again soon.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We had a group staying at this hotel and the staff was beyond great to work with. They were very organized, flexible and responsive. This is a great place for private events, meetings or weddings. The restaurant (particularly buffet breakfast) was fantastic and the rooms very comfortable.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the wonderful comments about our staff. We have a very hard working team that is dedicated to making sure that each of our guests have a great experience when staying with us. We are also lucky enough to have recently update our breakfast buffet and I am very glad that you enjoyed it. I will be sure to pass your compliments on to our food and beverage manager.

Thank you again for the wonderful review and I hope to see you again soon.
Rochester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Everything about my experience at the Hyatt was amazing. My wedding reception was there and from the bell hops, to the front desk, to the catering department...I couldn't have asked for better service! My husband and I specifically worked with Chet on our special event and he was more than we could have ever asked for. Every day I was emailing him questions and he never failed to email me back right away...with an answer or to just tell me he is looking into it. I would recommend the Hyatt over and over again...mostly because of Chet since we worked so closely with him. Our day was more than we could have ever imagined because Chet is so wonderful at what he does! THANKS CHET!!!

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for your five star review of our downtown Rochester property.

First of all, congratulations on your wedding. Thank you for sharing such a special day with us. We are very glad that you had a great time. Our staff was more than happy to help make your big day a success. Thank you for all the wonderful comments. Chet is a great asset to our team and we are very lucky to have him. I will be sure to pass on all the wonderful comments to him. I am sure he was very happy to work with you and glad that everything went well for you.

Again, thank you so much. We hope that we get the chance to welcome you back again soon.
Erie, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We were there for a convention and the hotel was completely booked. I was surprised how extremely nice and accommodating all of the staff was as everyone staying there needed food, etc all at the same time. Our room was very clean and the amenities were of high quality. The only issue is that the restaurant was very expensive and there wasn't any fast food type place to get a good and quick breakfast or snack with in walking distance. There also wasn't any fridges or micowave's so that you could bring your own food in.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for you review of our Hyatt Regency Rochester location.

I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We want to provide our guests with the best customer service and accomodations as possible and make sure that they have th best experience during their time here. It is great to know that we were able to make your stay an enjoyable one.

Again, thank you for the review and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

The hotel staff from the valet to the front desk to the main bartender was very good. The only thing is they recommended that walking the inner loop was safe but it didn't feel that way. After 4PM the inner loop is virtually deserted. Otherwise the staff were very helpful and well aware of the area. The hotel is exceptionally clean and is well situated. The higher rooms provide an excellent view of the city!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the river!