“Helpful staff” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Tully, New York
“Helpful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Hotel was fine. Bell staff assisted with carting boxes to the attached convention center.
Suggested places to eat and walked with you in the direction you needed to go.
Room was large and you could even open the window for fresh air!

Room Tip: Higher floors have city or river view
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Sang H, Manager at Hyatt Regency Rochester, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are glad you thought our staff was great. We appreciate the loyalty to our company and hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
North Haledon, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

The staff in Rochester was awesome to say the least.I had to make an early departure for family reasons and they could not have been more accomodating. Jayme & Renee were what hospitality should be all about.Will be staying there again when Rochester calls :) Roger Lane --Shoretel

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your 5 star review on TripAdvisor for our Downtown Rochester property. We appreciate the comments about our staff. Rene and Jayme are great assets to our company and we are glad you were able to enjoy your time. See you again soon.
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I travel extensively for business and spend just over 100 nights a year in hotels. All those rooms are pretty similar so for me, it's the little things that make a stay memorable. On this particular trip, I had already been traveling for four days and was very ill upon arriving in Rochester. My most urgent need was to get comfortably situated. I had been unable to eat for the 2 previous days so I reviewed the room service menu to see if there was anything I could eat. I was looking for soup/dry toast etc. so was not surprised to see nothing on the menu. I went down to the restaurant and was met by a gentleman (RG I believe) whom I asked if it was possible to get some simple broth and dry toast. He was fantastic, immediately surmised that I was under the weather, and suggested I go back to my room and they'd bring it up for me. A short time later he arrived personally, told me the soup and toast was "on him" and wished me a speedy recovery. The meal was exactly what I needed and fortunately, I awoke the next day feeling much better. I later discovered the gentleman was the hotel GM. . Excellent hospitality and empathy. He's a terrific leader and is setting a great example for his staff. There's nothing worse than not feeling your best, except being away from home when it occurs. I'll stay here again when back in Rochester.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your 5 star review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate the comments left for our Downtown Rochester property. We are glad that you were provided such excellent customer service from our very own GM. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The room is a good size with cable tv and coffee for the morning. We ate in the restaurant and enjoyed it. They were able to accommodate my dietary restrictions as well (gluten and dairy free). We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Kurt H, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Rochester, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you so much for your 5 star review on Tripadvisor. The staff really appreciates your feedback and I have sent this to our Chef so he is aware of how his team made a difference during your visit. We look forward to your next trip to Downtown Rochester so we can serve you again. All the best.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Just spent 2 nights this week for a business trip. The front desk is staffed with professionals anxious to provide assistance but sometimes fell short of the mark. The hotel room was just as requested with two queen beds not near the elevator or vending machines. The bathroom was adequate with excellent water pressure and HOT water. The front desk answered all my questions and provided me with the FEDEX boxes and sent my documents by facsimile. I called the hotel when I arrived at the airport and 20 minutes later the hotel mini-van came for me. I ate all my meals in the hotel restaurant Scene on Main. The menu was simple and the dishes well prepared as well as artistic. Buffet breakfast bla-bla-bla... you know. However the plates were ice cold so the eggs and etc .. soon were cold as well. The morning wait service does really very little but pour you some coffee and juice and bring the check within 5 minutes of sitting at the table and then they disappear. The waitress did not bring any creamer or sugar until I requested it; and never returned to inquire if I wanted anything else... I also booked a meeting/conference room for the two days to use and there wasn't any trash can or coat rack. I mentioned this to the front desk and on day 2 the situation remained the same. Perhaps I am a little particular but why not. We were all wearing winter top coats and suit jackets. A coat rack would have been appreciated since I did request the same. No trash can for the empty water bottles and gum wrappers or crumpled notes, etc... No one cleaned up the room until the next morning at 8:30 am or so when I came down to place my luggage and briefcase in it.

Room Tip: state what you want because you are the guest. don't be bashful. if the heat or A/C does not wor...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments. We really appreciate the thorough review of our hotel. I apologize for the concerns in our restaurant and in your guestroom. It disappoints me that we were very close to a 5 star review from you but missed some service related items. I hope you will come back and see us again as I know we can do better for you. Thank you
Cocoa Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Great location room was excellent was expecting to pay a lot more between the room, drinks, and bar but very very reasonable. Room service food was exceptional and wasn't getting gouged. Staff was excellent when I inquired about things to do in the area will def stay here again when in town.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
We are really happy you enjoed our Downtown location and our room service. I have let our Chef know so he can share your comments with his team. We hope you come back and see us again soon. All the best.
Afton, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stayed for our annual NYS School Nutrition Association and had a wonderful time! I cannot say enough about the staff. They were always there to say "hello" or" do you need anything"' I think they were stationed at every corner! My room was clean and neat and the meals that were provided were far from "hotel" food! Everything was delicious! It was a wonderful stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Sang H, Manager at Hyatt Regency Rochester, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you very much for your 5 star review on TripAdvisor of our Downtown Rochester location. We are excited to hear all the great comments about the staff being great and great customer service. It is with pride that we respond to this review. Thank you and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Been to Hyatt Regency Rochester? Share your experiences!