I've got to say, I have mixed feelings on this hotel and while I might stay here again; I'd come prepared.
We (my son's family had 3 small children) stayed for 3 nights and had adjoining rooms on the 8th floor; we were there for a pageant so our room was part of that package. Now, let me say, service was pleasant and excellent. We did have to change our keys 4 times but they apologized and they really couldn't seem to help it (?). They could have used more elevators because there were people constantly going back to their rooms and it seemed we always had to wait for more than one elevator plus they seemed slow. I imagine, being a pageant and so much going on contributed to that problem. Of course, I also noticed most people won't move back and give the impression of the elevator being full when it isn't. But, that's a different story.
It is definitely not a 4 star hotel. Our rooms desparately needed updating. The carpet was badly stained and the furniture was showing it's age. We did have a large flat screen tv. The bathroom was very nice with lots of counter space. We also had a desk with 2 comfortable chairs.
I guess being a Hyatt, I expected more. Internet was $10 a day. They had an indoor pool but no outdoor space. It felt so confining since we needed to stay nearby and our only option seemed to be the pool which wasn't a place you'd go to hang out as it was almost all pool and hardly any chairs and the heat and chlorine were too much. Or the lobby areas which were always extremely busy due to the pageant. Luckily the weather was nice but, after all, it was downtown.
Which brings me to the issue most bothering me. The only convenient restaurant was the hotel's which was not always open and was very expensive. The area, which you probably couldn't walk in bad weather, had a small Tim Horton's, Subway, BBQ restaurant and one other which I think only served breakfast & lunch. When I asked the desk about a restaurant, she gave me one, that we did go to, and said it was a little walk. That little walk was over 1 1/2 miles and we had 3 small children. Thankfully, we drove. We tried the BBQ which was very good. We also ordered pizza one night which took 2 hours and arrived cold.
The room only has a one cup coffee pot. If you need a microwave, as we did to warm milk, you have to go to the 21st floor (and use the room key which didn't always work). Thankfully, we brought a cooler and across the street was a Family Dollar which was doing great business from people like ourselves. PB&J and junk food.
The hotel is not really family friendly tho the pageant was a family event. There is a Radisson across the street but we didn't check it out. If we return for another pageant, either we will bring food from home and a larger cooler or look for another hotel.
If you're a business traveler, I'm sure you will like this hotel. Unless, there is a pageant, then I think you will hate it.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Rochester Hotel
- Hyatt Regency Rochester Hotel Rochester
- Rochester Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Rochester
- Rochester Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renovations are complete! Discover the perfect blend of location, style and pampering amenities at our newly renovated downtown Rochester hotel. Whether you’re in town for business or leisure, you’ll find Hyatt Regency Rochester is always the ideal choice. Attached to the convention center by a convenient sky bridge, our urban contemporary Rochester New York hotel offers over 21,000 square feet of newly renovated function space with a connection to an additional 100,000 square feet. Take advantage of our central setting to visit the many corporations located nearby or plan a relaxing weekend of touring wineries and attending the theater. Situated just minutes from the airport, our welcoming Hyatt Regency offers stylish guestrooms with thoughtfully selected amenities, superior services and an uncompromising dedication to customer satisfaction. Whether you’re planning a meeting, wedding, family reunion or a romantic getaway, Hyatt Regency Rochester is the premier accommodation you deserve. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Hyatt Regency Rochester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.