“Average Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #23 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
“Average Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Arrived an hour earlier than check in but room wasn't available till 3:00pm. Room was average, bed and linens were clean. Washroom exhaust fan was broken, as well as thermostat. Couldn't turn off air, and air conditioner was rattling a lot, it kept waking me up at night. Service was nice, and saw a funny comedy show at the bar. Pool and amenities were average, seems like the place was starting to get run down. Overall enjoyed my stay, but I think the price should be a little lower, considering there wasn't a fridge or microwave.

• Stayed June 2014
Tim E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester Airport, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Alex C,
I certainly appreciate the feedback provided in your review. I am sorry that you experienced any issue. I wish I was able to track your room number so I could have taken my Executive Housekeeper with me to look into your concerns. I appreciate the high ratings you gave the hotel and will use what information I can to look at ways to better this hotel.
Tim Elie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
North East, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We had a group of over 20 cyclists riding on the Erie Canal Bike Trail. The trail ends right into the parking lot of the hotel! This hotel can accommodate a large number of guests with first floor rooms for either storing the bikes in our rooms or they will store them for you. The staff was friendly and helpful to our bike tour. Rooms are attractive, clean and comfortable. The pillows are too soft (even the firm ones). We had breakfast both days and they were OK. Small frigs would be nice.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Tim E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester Airport, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear RuthD,
For biking enthusiasts, it doesn't get any easier than this hotels parking lot virtually connects to the bike path !! I was so glad you and your fellow bike group were able to view the beautiful Erie Canal right in my back yard. I saw many of your group this morning on your way out and everyone seemed real happy and anxious to get back on those bikes. Hope you can tell many other bike groups about our location, and your group stops by again real soon.
Niagara Falls, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Had gotten a room at the Holiday Inn for an overnight stay during a business trip. Check in was fast and efficient.

As many reviews had mentioned, the hotel is BIG and made up of several sections. The room I has stayed in was towards the back but I was able to park near an entrance and found my room easily.

The room was large and pretty clean. Yes the couch and furniture had a little bit of age to them, but were all clean and in decent shape. The room had a flat screen tv, coffee maker and free wireless internet. Internet worked well for me and I was able to do some work from my room.

The shower had good pressure, though the bathroom was a bit small, it was manageable.

The hotel was quiet and the bed and pillows were comfortable for a good sleep.

I did have a drink at the bar, which was surprisingly busy. Beer was a little pricey for the area, but it was convenient.

The hotel is by the airport, but not many amenities nearby, so shopping or food does require at least a 5 minute car ride.

Would visit again if given the opportunity.

Room Tip: Breakfast is not included in the rate, and it didn't appear that there was an economical place n...
Dear dak1124,
I certainly appreciate the detailed review received. You described the hotel well and I was pleased you were able to experience many of the outlets. If you are looking for breakfast included in a future rate, we do offer this as an advance purchase rate. Something you may be interested in. I'll be sure to share with all my associates and I hope your travels will bring you through Rochester NY soon and we can accommodate your lodging needs.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

On 6/28 2014 night hotel Front desk is terrible. Ask for morning call twice but never set up for us

Front desk is rude. Won't suggest to stay. Terrible service. Wish hotel can do better than this

6/28

Dear Qsoya,
I was very disappointed to have read your review, especially since we receive numerous compliments regarding the desk associates. At least identifying the date will assist in my pursuit for answers from my team. I appreciate the brief feedback received.
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on business, the hotel is literally across the highway from the airport. It was as long of a walk to my room at the far end of the hotel than it would have been from the terminal. The rate was good, the rooms were clean but desperately need updating in the bathroom. OK for 2 night.
We ate at the hotel pub, the service was terrible but the food was not bad.
I would stay there for a night if I was delayed but not for business again

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Tim E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester Airport, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Bob W-
Appreciate the feedback. The hotel was designed because of the flight patterns many years ago meaning it could only be 2 story high. I'm glad you were able to utilize the facilities, a little disappointed to hear of the service in the lounge though. Will be sure to share that with my F&B team to insure this doesn't happen again. Hotel is scheduled to renovate this year, I'm sure you'll be impressed when you return.
Arlington, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Rooms are bare minimum and do not smell fresh.
Not very clean -- carpet and bathroom. Poor repair.
Old fashioned linens; not so comfy bed (too soft).
They did offer a government rate (but then there is no breakfast included -- everyone else who was checking in at the same time as me seemed to get breakfast).
Bonus -- restaurant on site.
Best part -- 24 hour shuttle to airport (which is almost close enough to walk to); can also call for pickup at airport.

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room away from bar, indoor pool, etc.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Tim E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester Airport, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear windows-out,
Thanks for taking time to write a review, appreciate all the feedback. Unfortunately not all reservations include a breakfast. Typically advance purchase deals do and perhaps that is what you were over hearing. We continuously strive to make advancements with our guest rooms and I personally follow through with each review to look into what is outlined. It's a little difficult to track exactly which room you were in as it wasn't indicated within your review, or your real name given. We anxiously look forward to our upcoming renovations which will enhance this hotel more for our guests to enjoy. I hope you'll return soon and you'll experience the difference.
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Paid through Priceline, automatically assigned smoking room. What hotel has smoking rooms any more!? It's like finding a smoking section on an airplane.

Airport is very close to Rochester airport (I can see air traffic control tower from my room) but it's sprawling and the service is not awesome. Staff at front desk seems reticent to help. Room service is expensive, housekeeping non-existent. Fan in the bathroom keeps going even though there's no "off" switch. Temperature control is a wall AC/Heating unit that's super loud.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Tim E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester Airport, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear sarahinoregon,
Thank you for taking time to submit a review. Reviews help us celebrate the good and alert us to opportunities when we can be better. I am sorry you had so many items listed within your review. I have used these to discuss with my Executive team to see ways we can address what you listed. We take great pride in the services we offer to all our valued guests and am sorry if we let you down. I can assure you, we are taking measures right now to make this better.
Tim Elie

Been to Holiday Inn Rochester Airport? Share your experiences!