We shall be writing corporate office once we settle back after our trip North. We came to our 50th class reunion early in the month. We brought our dogs which we were told needed to be on a wing far away from civilization due to any interruptions they may have on other visitors and we had to sign a waiver that they wouldn't disturb people or cause damage. We were also told there was an elevator and people who would be helping us move our dogs and luggage to this far away corridor. The front desk was rude, not just to us, but to others of our classmates checking in... some also told of an elevator so they could transport their luggage which as we found was non existent. The first night for us was quiet... we had the whole corridor due to "nasty dogs who could upset other customers". We accepted the near mile walk to our 50th reunion festivities, but, the next day we were deluged with obnoxious, undeciplined children with no parental supervision.... running down the halls, banging on walls and yelling, emptying the ice machine. But what we heard from the parents, who were happily ignoring their kids and drinking in their rooms was..... "someone needs to get rid of those f.........g dogs"! We called the desk and told them of all the disturbances and the ice all over the floor and reminded them of the waiver we signed and we had better not, under these circumstances hear from them and that no one had to sign a waiver for disruptive, obnoxious children; nothing was done about the noise or the ice all over the floor and it continued all through the following day. We had a hockey net set up in front of our door so we couldn't even enter our own room, nearly got hit with a hockey stick and got a couple of balls thrown in our faces; the "bridge" to our corridor was a constant challenge to get through with kids, balls, nets, blocking our way to our wonderful 50th reunion. Then, at the reunion, we sat trying to listen to the presentation by our high school president, and all we could hear through the thin walls to the bar was the filthy four letter expletives coming loudly from the "Comedy Hour'. The waitresses came and went, but no staff tried to quiet the next door room and much of our class presentation was missed due to the loud, disgusting next room. We are people in our late 60's/70, spending a lot of time making this trip and not causing anyone any disturbance, but what we received was a totally nerve wracking and extremely stressful experience at the Holiday Inn. On a positive note, our banquet dinner was exceptionally fine...... other than that, we shall never come back or refer anyone to this place and we shall be writing to the corporate office a formal complaint. We have traveled all over the country staying at a number of well-known and respected motels with our dogs. Nothing can come close to the disappointment of staying at the Holiday Inn/Airport in Rochester, NY.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Rochester Airport Hotel
- Holiday Inn Rochester Airport Hotel Rochester
- Holiday Inn Rochester
- Rochester Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your guests will be able to enjoy all of the amenities today’s traveler needs in a spacious well appointed guestroom Triple Sheeted King or Two Double Sized Bed with Complimentary High Speed Internet Connection, Comfortable chair with Ottoman or Small Table & Chair. Also enjoy the benefits of Pay-Per-View Movies and HBO right at your finger tips. Ask about our executive guestrooms conveniently located off the main lobby, equipped with complimentary wireless internet access and spacious granite vanity top bathrooms, these guestrooms area available for a $10.00 increase per night. Amenities within our hotel include the largest indoor heated pool in the Rochester hotel market, complete with a sauna and whirlpool. For your exercise enthusiasts, work out in our Fitness Center offering Life Steps, free weights, Life Rower and Life cycle. Other amenities include same day valet service, on premise coin operated washer and dryer, business center, ample complimentary parking and complimentary 24 hour on demand airport shuttle service. We also feature our Divino Restaurant, which offers an Italian American menu in a comfortable atmosphere. Divino serves breakfast and dinner daily. Lunch is served in ROC Bar & Grill, which features daily menu and drink specials and weekend entertainment. Enjoy our DJ/VJ Friday and Saturday nights until 2am! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Rochester Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.