“Hockey Weekend” 4 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #24 of 32 Hotels in Rochester
“Hockey Weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Our team was staying at this hotel with a number of other teams and they use the sky bridge between the buildings for the kids to play knee hockey which kept the kids out of the hallway and away from the sleep areas where they could disrupt other guests. Really never had any issues with noise and the rooms and staff were both very good.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HIROC11, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester Airport, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Glad the kids took advantage of the designated area for knee hockey. This does work well to let kids be kids and to keep the hallways clear for everyone to enjoy. Hope you did well in the tournament, come back again next year.

Tim Elie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Brook Park
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

The hotel is old, but the rooms were clean. The front desk staff was nice but the food was not very good. Breakfast was too greasy to eat and I love fried foods. The beds are so so and it is within a good distance to shopping and such. I would say if you get a cheap rate than it is worth it but not if they are asking full price. I paid $120 per night and it was worth about $70.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HIROC11, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester Airport, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
I am so glad you were able to share all the feedback regarding your stay. Appreciate your nice words as well as the opportunities to improve, and will be sure to share with all my associates.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I must admit that the staff was very friendly and the shuttle service to the airport was excellent, but the fact that the room was dated, the heater extremely noisy and that there were kids running up and down the hall till late at night made the early morning flight rough! The bar was mostly empty, yet the service was very slow - more interested in texting than serving us a night cap. The next time we have an early morning flight and need the parking service, we will try another airport hotel

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 141
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HIROC11, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester Airport, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Very sorry to hear you experienced a noise issue. Did you happen to contact our front desk so our Security could try to put a stop with the kids? I do appreciate the feedback you mentioned and certainly will address these concerns immediately, especially with the bar staff.
Thanks again,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

First of all.... No elevators, so if you have a lot of luggage, get a first floor room. I wish I had known that upon checking in. I am far from lazy, but with bags - ridiculous! That was my first impression. After that I was just plain disappointed. I read so many good reviews of this hotel, I expected so much better. My room was dingy and dark. Only one small window in the back corner. It just made the room seem so dark and cavelike. Maid service was not very thorough.... the toilet had not been flushed. Ew. I appreciated the new flat screen tv, and the new bedding. I was having serious issues adjusting the temperature, it would go from insanely hot to freezing cold. Upon inspection of the unit, the heating/AC unit was not even attached to the wall. There was actual wind coming through from the outside, you could see outside from it, the gap was so big!!! Glad it wasn't raining or snowing!
The WiFi kept kicking me off while I was working, this was very annoying. I had to go back to the login screen at least three times in the span of a couple hours.
I utilized the workout facility. It had a lot of equipment, which was nice. However, the equipment is just thrown in there haphazardly. Kinda strange. Made working out with someone else in the room very uncomfortable, as the bike was practically on top of the treadmill. Also, as a warning, this room smells really bad. Just know that before you walk in! I believe it is the rubber floor, but not sure. Either way, it could use some freshening up or airing out.
The bar/restaurant.... I have been in this hotel years ago, it used to have very good bar food. It doesn't anymore, I don't know what happened. New kitchen staff they said.
Van driver from the airport was very helpful, and friendly. Told me all about the area and hotel information. He was the best part of the whole stay!

Room Tip: First floor room if you have a lot of luggage, since there are no elevators.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
HIROC11, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester Airport, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
I appreciate the thorough feedback. It will help me develop a better plan to insure some of what was mentioned from happening to another valued guest. I only wish I knew what your exact room number was so I can immediately address some of the concerns. I'll do my best to figure this out. Please accept my apologies.
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Stayed here one night in Dec as part of a birthday weekend away. Really nothing special at all in any form or manner. The check in was average, far from inviting or informative, the hotel itself, again, average, nothing special, the rooms, again, clean, average, little worn, but to be expected with the age of the hotel. Even the location not great unless your staying there to take a flight out the next day. It is very close to the airport. Only real complaint we really had was when we went down for a drink into the bar, they were having a party and the music was so loud we could not even talk to each other, even when yelling, we only stayed10 minutes, really had no idea why it had to be so loud in such a small room. When we asked if it could be turned down, we were told that it was a Christmas party, no idea what difference that made--but OK..we left. Guess the 15 to 20 Christmas party guests were more important than the hundreds of others that were staying there on a Friday night. Oh well.. no biggy, just felt it was needed to be told as an example of how the guest is second here.
So if your looking to lay your head down for the night this would be a great hotel, if your looking for more, go somewhere else.

Room Tip: don't expect much, and you won't be disappointing.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
HIROC11, Owner at Holiday Inn Rochester Airport, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
I appreciate the feedback regarding your stay and the bar atmosphere. I'll certainly use it to see if we can make the atmosphere enjoyable for all.

Fishkill, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I was attending a conference downtown for the weekend and staying out at the airport Holiday in was a wonderful respite from the busy-ness of the conference. It was so peaceful and private. The staff was lovely, helpful and so welcoming. My family visited and we ate at the restaurant right there and had a great meal. My room was perfect and my king-sized bed afforded me three terrifc nights of sleep. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
HIROC11, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester Airport, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
So glad you were able to relax upon your return from your conference. Appreciate the nice review, hope you took advantage of the pool, hot tub and sauna while you visited.

Lewiston, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

My 6th stay at the Holiday Inn Rochester Airport arriving on November 23rd has had a most outstanding beginning! Normally stay at this hotel for the Wegman's LPGA in June, but am staying this time for today's Niagara University-St. Bonaventure basketball game. The hotel is sold out this weekend for a hockey tournament, but their entire staff provided me with excellent service and my room was so quiet you could hear a pin drop! No impact on my stay at all!

Room 401 was expertly cleaned by Genessa, a newly promoted Housekeeping supervisor. It is on the second floor in their Executive Wing. It features a microwave oven, refrigerator, large bathroom vanity, and a very comfortable bed with firm and soft pillows. Carolyn Hauck, their Guest Services Supervisor and Manager On Duty for most of my stay through Wednesday, checked me in with enthusiasm and efficiency, and had Eugene, one of her associates, assist me with my luggage. Carolyn Hauck is an outstanding employee who has coordinated all aspects of my stays here with great skill and organization. Shelby is a new Guest Services Agent since my last stay in June that assisted me in many areas as well with great enthusiasm and skill. April was also at the Front Desk from my last June stay at check-in.

Their Divino restaurant has always been a highlight of my stays here. John LaRocca, their Executive Chef, came over to my table. Patty, an outstanding server from my past stays for dinner and breakfast, was an wonderful and comforting person to serve my needs. Had New England Clam Chowder, Chicken Tuscan with linguine,and vegetables, and Italian Lemon Cream Cake for dessert. John LaRocca is an outstanding Executive Chef that manages both the kitchen and the serving staff expertly. Had a complementary Full American Breakfast this morning with three scambled egg beaters, home fries, breakfast ham, orange juice, and a pot of decaf coffee. Adam served this meal with great enthusiasm and skill.

No other Holiday Inn has treated this Platinum Priority Club member with more appreciation for my repeat business. On other stays here from 2007-2012 for the Wegmans' LPGA, the Management Team from Tim Elie, GM to Valerie Clements, Catering Sales Manager have treated me to lunch, and I am sure that this will happen on Monday or Tuesday on this stay. Alice Van Zile, a breakfast server in Divino, is a classmate (1985) from Niagara University,and knows my needs especially well. Kim Tanner, the Director of Sales and Kim Wozniak, the Group Sales Manager have always met with me on my stays to make sure that my expectations are exceeded.

The property has the largest indoor pool in the Rochester area, an extensive fitness center, a well-run business center, 24 hour on-demand airport shuttle service, and an RTA bus stop in front of the hotel for local bus service ($1.00 is the base fare). The ROC Bar and Grill has a 4 to 7 p.m. Happy Hour from Mon-Thurs.

There are newer and more flashier hotels in the Rochester area, but if the best possible service, housekeeping, and cuisine are your highest priorities, I have had seven most memorable stays here and will have many more to come! The entire staff truly cares about myself and the guests, and have never had any issues of any kind of a nature here! The only surprises have been many positive ones!

Stay at the Holiday Inn Rochester Airport, and I promise you that you will be impressed with the highest level of Guest Service, Housekeeping, and Food and Beverage Service possible. Thanks to the entire team for a job well done! Will enjoy the rest of my stay, and my LPGA and PGA Championship stays next May/June and August for about 20 nights combined!

Room Tip: The Executive Wing (Rooms on the Second Floor starting with room 400) are quiet and have extra ameni...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
HIROC11, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester Airport, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Wow again !! On behalf of the entire hotel, especially those mentioned, we all Thank you ! Your comments are such a pleasure for us all to read. We are so grateful to have been able to provide you with a wonderful experience every time you visit. So happy how you mention all the wonderful features this hotel offers and glad that you utilize most of them. Can't wait for next years visit in the summer for some great golf.

Tim Elie

Been to Holiday Inn Rochester Airport? Share your experiences!