“The Best Holiday Inn on the Planet!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #24 of 32 Hotels in Rochester
Lehigh Valley
“The Best Holiday Inn on the Planet!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

On our recent bicycle tour of the Erie Canal, we were fortunate to book the last available room on a Saturday night in August, three weddings and two bus tours had the place full. The staff was amazing, I wish I could remember the managers name, but he and Eugene (front desk) helped us get our bikes and gear up to our room (no elevators) as my husband had fallen on the trail and couldn't carry anything.Despite the hectic atmosphere at the front desk the staff remained calm, friendly and helpful. Our room was very quiet, never heard the other guests and we had a great nights R&R. A real treat was the in-house restaurant. We were too tired to find a restaurant so we ate there. The food was very good and the wait staff was a treasure. Our waitress, Cindy, was attentive and helpful. When I left my desert-to-go on the table she promptly had it sent to our room.
The manager was a visible presence, definitely paying attention to the needs of his staff and guests. A well run operation, thank you!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
HIROC11, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester Airport, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
We appreciate the wonderful words used to describe your stay from helpful, amazing and attentive to describe the team and their services. We are very proud of them too! Thanks for sharing with us, glad you took advantage of the Erie Canal path and it's history in our back yard.

Tim Elie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Tel Aviv, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

Stayed at the HI Rochester APT for one night on August 13th. It was on our way from Niagara to Alexandria Bay. We were 2 adults and 2 kids. We made the reservation at the same day of arrival. The hotel is very average. Staff was very nice and helpful. However, there are very (very!) long corridors. It looks like it took us 5-10 minutes to walk to our room. The room was ok, old style tv, old styleb decor, old.. The worst part of this hotel, is that there is no elevator! You will need to take you luggage by your self up one floor by stairs. After a long day, it is the last thing you wish to do after the price I paid to stay at this hotel.
There is a pool at this hotel, it was very crowded at 9pm and the water in the pool were not very clean.
If I'll have no other alternative, I'll might stay there again

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback it is always our intentions to provide all our guests with the best possible services and amenities. I'll share this with my team and we'll continue to work hard so all can enjoy their stay.

Midwest USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

I stayed at the Holiday Inn after a business trip - I had an early flight the next morning. It's a pretty typical Holiday Inn, but it's a real gem if you like to walk, bike or run. Adjacent to the hotel entrance is an entry onto the Erie Canal trail. It's a beautiful paved trail that travels along the Erie canal. It's beautiful! I ran about 10 miles along the route, ending at Lock #33 on the canal. The trail go through the country and through the city of Rochester.

The hotel is fine - room was large, clean and with the typical Holiday Inn amenities. I ordered room service. The food was good, inexpensive and service was quick - 20 minutes from when I placed my order.

Check in and front desk service was quick and competent. A free shuttle brings you to the airport, which is less than a mile from the hotel. Even with the proximity, there was little plane noise.

If you're an active traveler, this is a great option for you.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Glad to hear you enjoyed some of the Erie Canal History and were able to utilize the hotel's amenities. Thanks for sharing with us and we hope you'll travel through Rochester again and allow us to be your home away from home.

Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

We were pleasantly surprised by this hidden gem and very near the airport. The hotel was quiet, the rooms very spacious and clean, the beds comfortable and staff extremely helpful. The business center was well stocked. The only drawback is the lack of an elevator. But the staff are accommodating.

Room Tip: The rooms on the 2nd floor near the reception area were more spacious and suprisingly quieter than o...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Reading, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

Hotel was clean and beds were so comfortable. Staff was very accommodating. We are staying again in the Fall and looking forward to it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
HIROC11, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester Airport, responded to this review, August 12, 2011
Thank you for your nice feedback, we all appreciate your positive comments and look forward to your return visit in the fall. If you love the fall colors in Vermont, you'll love the fall here too.

Endicott, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

We had a wonderful stay and the hotel staff was very helpful and kind. We also appreciated the special accommodations the manager helped us with. The hotel room itself was very clean and comfortable. We would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: For less road traffic noise request a room that is in the back of the building away from Interstate...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
HIROC11, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester Airport, responded to this review, August 8, 2011
Appreciate the kind words of our service and the hotel associates.This is what we strive for. Glad you enjoyed your stay !

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

If you don't book this hotel directly from holiday inn you have no choices. I called yesterday to request a non smoking room and explained that I was traveling with my one year old who was three months premature and could not stay in a smOking room. I was basically told to bad because I booked with a third party sight. I would get what was available upon check in. I explained I would nit be checking in till about midnight and this policy bothered me and I was told I should not have booked via third party. I have always booked with third party websites and never had this problem with any hotel! I am so no longer looking foward to my stay

• Stayed August 2011
Sorry for the confusion with the third party websites. I'm glad you let us know and we were able to upgrade your room. Hope you had a great stay with your family.

Tim Elie

Been to Holiday Inn Rochester Airport? Share your experiences!