“Great location plus great value” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #23 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great location plus great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

I visit the Rochester area twice a year to see family and friends. This was my first time staying at the Holiday Inn Rochester Airport location....and it will not be my last. The current management has really upgraded this property. The room was ideal for my needs and the restaurant food and service was very good. And a plus was the location on the Erie Canal Trail. I had brought my bicycle with me and I spent several refreshing hours riding the trails along the canal.

Room Tip: I would try to stay in one of the rooms in the 300 group. Try one of the skillet breakfast items!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
HIROC11, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester Airport, responded to this review, July 28, 2011
Glad to have received your feedback and nice to know we will be your home away from home. I look forward to your next visit. Hope we can meet and allow me to "Thank You" in person.

Tim Elie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

I just needed a place to sleep for 2 nights near the Rochester Airport. THis hotel worked out just fine, though just used it for sleep in between a day of travel. Very comfy bed, clean bathroom. Only complaint was that parking lot lights shone into the room and the drapes weren't completely closeable; if your room doesn't face the lot, you have no prroblem.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for your valued feedback, I certainly will look into the situation described. We appreciate hearing from you and glad we could take care of you.

n/a
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

I checked in to the hotel a few hours ago a little past 11pm as a distressed passenger with a friend of mine. When we checked in there was a line of people waiting to check in and the phones were ringing nonstop. There was a very polite young man by the name of Eugene who was working alone and very diligently to accommodate everyone. Just when Eugene had finally helped bring my stress level down after being stranded all day, an older man named Chuck came in and just ripped the cash drawer from next to him and began slamming things around and being incredibly rude. He didnt bother to even say hello or look my friend and I in the face. I have anemia and we have been having issues with the a/c in the room all night. We are two older women and I did not feel comfortable calling the front desk to have someone to come and fix it because I did not want him to be mean to me. I have not slept all night and now I have to get ready for my early morning flight. I truely hope that that man is not at the front desk when I make it down there. If I ever come back and he is there, I am turning around and sleeping in the airport even if the airport did pay for the room again. Otherwise, its a nice hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
HIROC11, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester Airport, responded to this review, July 13, 2011
I certainly can appreciate your anxiety from having your flight plans changed and am sorry to hear we added to this by the behavior of one of my team members. There is nothing more than wanting to get home and having to wait extra time before you do. It is my teams responsibility to provide first class hospitality services and I am truly sorry we did not. This is not our hotels normal services, and it will not be an acceptable practice either. I hope you made it home just fine, and again, do apologize of how you were made to feel.

Rochester, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

Hotel room appears outdated, old, dirty and in poor repair - old furniture, cracked tiles, soiled carpet, soiled white bedding, ceiling marked up. Air conditioner is LOUD and also looking old.... same goes for the TV. Hairs on bathroom floor and heat lamp was rusted.

We were completely surprised and believe that, even a motel 6, is probably in better repair and cleaner.

Hotel is cheapened too - no plastic glass in bathroom.

Their marketing materials say "stay impressed", how can someone stay impressed when they cannot become just a bit impressed?

Such a disappointment.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel or even a motel - you might have better success
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Very disapointed to have read your message. We have done a wonderful job in our remodeling transformation. I am sorry you were not satisfied with the hotels conditions and certainly would like the opportunity to show you our true hospitality if you ever give us that opportunity again. Please feel free to contact me directly.

Best Regards

Vernon, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

Do NOT let them assign Room 302 to you. It is the first room on the first floor off the lobby, but worse than that, it looks out on the smoking pad for the hotel. When I say looks out, I mean if you wanted a smoke, you'd merely have to slide open the window and ask for a drag. The people smoking are right next to your window. Okay, so this isn't so bad on it's own, except the location also has a bar that stays open until 2 a.m., so until about 2:30 a.m. I had people, progressively louder people, right outside my room. The noise was so loud, the window may as well have been open.

When I went to complain at my 6:00 a.m. checkout the next morning, I lodged a complaint and told the attendant there is no way they should charge a full rate for that room under any circumstances. He agreed and said he's told management many times about the room being problematic, but was also told specifically by location manager, not to apply any rate reductions at checkout. I paid $145 plus tax - criminal, especially since they are aware of the problem.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
HIROC11, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester Airport, responded to this review, June 28, 2011
Thank you so much for bringing this situation directly to my attention. I certainly understand the sensitivity to the cigarette smoking issue. While smoking is not yet banned from Hotels in New York, we appreciate the opportunity to work out these logistics and can assure you we will continue looking at ways to improve the property as well as guest satisfaction. I will personally contact you to discuss further.

Buffalo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

If all Holiday Inns were to use this hotel as an example, I suspect they would see a huge increase in sales. Every part of this hotel was immaculate, from the lobby, throughout the hallways and my room. The room was well appointed, the towels and bedding appeared clean and fresh. The beds were very comfortable and the attentive and pleasant staff were right on time with my wake up call! There is a great indoor pool, jacuzzi and work out room. The on site sports bar is a nice place to relax if you don't feel like leaving the premesis. The location is great since it's a short easy drive to so many local attractions, restaurants and malls.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
HIROC11, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester Airport, responded to this review, June 20, 2011
Very pleased you took the time to write regarding all the wonderful features and services we provide. We take much pride in this throughout the hotel and with our team members. Do hope you'll come back soon to visit again.

New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

This hotel is dirty, halls smell like smoke, security sit out back and smoke. The pool area is disgusting and the bathroom was frightening. My room was small and bathroom had broken tiles and was dirty. Felt like I should have wrapped my kid in bubble wrap to project from filth. Pool staff is rude and controlling and the management is well not at all professional. I will never stay here again and highly recommend all others to avoid this pit.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
So very sorry to have heard of the conditions described. We take tremendous pride in the upkeep of the facilities and satisfaction from our guests that stay here and apologize that we may have let you down. Thank you for the candid feedback, I can assure you this is an exception to our our normal services and do hope you'll consider allowing me the opportunity to prove this to you.

Tim Elie

Been to Holiday Inn Rochester Airport? Share your experiences!