“Comfortable Beds!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Hockessin, Delaware
“Comfortable Beds!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

This hotel was very satisfactory...clean, friendly staff, fairly quiet, good location. But my favorite part was the beds...they were SUPER comfortable, with lots of pillows, and not those terrible feather pillows that most places have. The wi-fi, although free, was not the greatest connection. The "24-hour" coffee was not the freshest at 9pm. The breakfast bar was standard hotel fare (eggs, bacon, waffles, etc. not my favorite), but well kept. It's right across the street from a TGIFriday's, Delmonico's and Crab Shack. Will return.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
LQROC, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Rochester South, responded to this review, September 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay! I am glad that you enjoyed the time you spent with us, and our beds!. We thank you for your feedback so we can improve and fine tune our services. We look forward to being your hotel of choice when staying in the area.

Brandy Klink - GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Schenectady, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

I have family in the area so when we go to Rochester, we stay here (my husband likes to get up early so he doesn't like to stay with anyone). The rooms are always clean, the staff friendly, the morning breakfast good, and the evening cookies delightful. The hotel is close to 390 so it is easy to get anywhere. I love the pillows. My only complaint - no YES Network or Golf Channel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Carol,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay, I am glad that you enjoyed the time you spent with us. I am happy that we met and exceeded all your expectations with our clean rooms and the amenities we offer to all our guests. We look forward to being your hotel of choice when staying in the area.

Watertown, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

I got a room on the 2nd floor and as soon as you get off the elevator, that nice scent from the lobby is gone. First, my room door wouldn't open or close correctly. And then I walked in. The musty, dusty, wet-dog, truck-stop bathroom smell smacked me in the face. It is quite literally one of the most horrendous smells I've ever had the displeasure of experiencing. It's all over the room, the air in general, the beds, the bedding, the damp-smelling AC, the nasty carpets, the towels...everywhere! We checked in late after driving for hours so we were too tired to leave. The next morning we all woke up super early and got the hell out of dodge. Before we left, we had to shower. The tub had mold and rust, and the a clog so huge that after an 8 minute shower, I had water past my ankles. Let's not forget the disgusting surprise of finding public hair on our poorly- cleaned shower wall. I spoke to the front desk before I left and demanded to speak to the manager or the owner. Neither were available. The clerk wrote all my complaints down and told me I'd get half my room rate back (should have been a full refund with such a beyond gross and horrible experience) when the manager would be back on Monday. Never happened. I left multiple messages for the manager with different clerks each time, and the manager never called me back. She was never available, off at a meeting, or in my opinion couldn't care less. I guess she doesn't value the guests of this hotel. My military leave for a relaxing weekend was ruined and this place looked like they couldn't care less. Thanks. Service members and everyone in general, steer clear of this place. If it was possible to rate this place a zero, I would. The room and the service I received is not acceptable. Shame on the hotel and it's lacking management.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the first 2 floors. Better yet, pick a different hotel.
Dear Guest,

I would like to apologize for the things you experienced at our property during your stay. On behalf of myself and the entire team I would like to take this time to express how sorry we are for everything, it is not something that we except. If you would like to discuss the issue further please feel free to contact me directly at 585-272-7800 or by email at bklink@visions-hotels.com. I would also like to invite you back for another visit in hopes you will give us a second chance to accommodate you.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

We were at this hotel for 2 nights, we had 5 rooms booked, after a family wedding. The staff was fantastic, very friendly and helpful, Patricia at the front desk was a real gem. The breakfast was very good. We had a good stay, I would recommend this hotel!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review! We value our guests feedback and are very happy that you had a great stay. Sounds like you enjoyed the wedding, and I am happy to hear that Patricia was able to exceed your expectations! We can't wait to see you again.

Chelmsford, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Thank you for allowing us to stay in you hotel. There is nothing bad to say about this hotel. Everyone looking for a hotel in Rochester, NY should stay here, you won't be disappointed. On my next trip to Michigan I will be stopping in Rochester, NY at the LaQuinta Inns & Suites. The bed was so comfortable I didn't want to get back in the car!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Susanne,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay! I am glad that you enjoyed the time you spent with us and our beds!. I am happy that we met and exceeded all your expectations with our clean rooms and the amenities we offer to all our guests. We look forward to being your hotel of choice when staying in the area. We look forward to your next visit with us!

Lebanon, OR, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

I have had very good experiences every time I have stayed at a La Quinta--that is my preferred hotel chain! The staff was freidnly and competent, the food was good (we even got complementary dinners at a nearby oliday Inn, and the food was very good!), and my son especially likes it when the staff puts out fresh baked cookies in the late afternoon/evening!

Dear Martha,

Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

I contacted customer service on Aug 2nd about being unhappy with our stay on July 31st. I received a auto generated email, and that was it. This hotel was to chaotic for my taste! My son and I were looking forward to a swim (WHY I chose this hotel!) and morning of sleeping in after a hard 12 hr drive from Maine. Neither in which we received. The minute we got into pool the fire alarms went off, and hotel had to be evacuated, because of pool heater. Staff seemed unable to handle emergency correctly. Then the maids were revving their vacuums outside our door at 8 am paired with the screaming kid in hall way (outside room 106), which I relise wasn't hotels fault bit rather lading parents. When the maids tried coming in at 10 am, with repeated efforts. I got pretty upset. Check out time noon? BAH! Its disappointing that this hotel has such a lack of respect for their patrons. An automated response does not cut it. I will never return to a labquinta again, and will be spreading the word with every opportunity. I hope after a second attempt with customer support and my review, perhaps a human will see this!

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to apologize for the things you have experienced at our property on behalf of myself and the entire team I would like to take this time to express how sorry we are for everything, it is not something that we except. If you would like to discuss the issue further please feel free to contact me directly at 585-272-7800 or by email at bklink@visions-hotels.com. I would also like to invite you back for another visit in hopes you will give us a second chance to accommodate you!

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Rochester South? Share your experiences!