“Staff extra friendly!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Rochester - Brighton

You added Holiday Inn Express Rochester - Brighton to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Rochester - Brighton
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   717 E. Henrietta Rd, Rochester, NY 14623 (Formerly La Quinta Inn & Suites Rochester South)   |
Ranked #22 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
A TripAdvisor Member
“Staff extra friendly!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

We were at this hotel for 2 nights, we had 5 rooms booked, after a family wedding. The staff was fantastic, very friendly and helpful, Patricia at the front desk was a real gem. The breakfast was very good. We had a good stay, I would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

LQROC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rochester - Brighton, responded to this review, September 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review! We value our guests feedback and are very happy that you had a great stay. Sounds like you enjoyed the wedding, and I am happy to hear that Patricia was able to exceed your expectations! We can't wait to see you again.

Chelmsford, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Thank you for allowing us to stay in you hotel. There is nothing bad to say about this hotel. Everyone looking for a hotel in Rochester, NY should stay here, you won't be disappointed. On my next trip to Michigan I will be stopping in Rochester, NY at the LaQuinta Inns & Suites. The bed was so comfortable I didn't want to get back in the car!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Susanne,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay! I am glad that you enjoyed the time you spent with us and our beds!. I am happy that we met and exceeded all your expectations with our clean rooms and the amenities we offer to all our guests. We look forward to being your hotel of choice when staying in the area. We look forward to your next visit with us!

Lebanon, OR, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

I have had very good experiences every time I have stayed at a La Quinta--that is my preferred hotel chain! The staff was freidnly and competent, the food was good (we even got complementary dinners at a nearby oliday Inn, and the food was very good!), and my son especially likes it when the staff puts out fresh baked cookies in the late afternoon/evening!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Dear Martha,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay, I am glad that you enjoyed the time you spent with us. I am happy that we met and exceeded all your expectations with our clean rooms and the amenities we offer to all our guests. We look forward to being your hotel of choice when staying in the area.

Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I contacted customer service on Aug 2nd about being unhappy with our stay on July 31st. I received a auto generated email, and that was it. This hotel was to chaotic for my taste! My son and I were looking forward to a swim (WHY I chose this hotel!) and morning of sleeping in after a hard 12 hr drive from Maine. Neither in which we received. The minute we got into pool the fire alarms went off, and hotel had to be evacuated, because of pool heater. Staff seemed unable to handle emergency correctly. Then the maids were revving their vacuums outside our door at 8 am paired with the screaming kid in hall way (outside room 106), which I relise wasn't hotels fault bit rather lading parents. When the maids tried coming in at 10 am, with repeated efforts. I got pretty upset. Check out time noon? BAH! Its disappointing that this hotel has such a lack of respect for their patrons. An automated response does not cut it. I will never return to a labquinta again, and will be spreading the word with every opportunity. I hope after a second attempt with customer support and my review, perhaps a human will see this!

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Tippycatus
Dear Guest,

I would like to apologize for the things you have experienced at our property on behalf of myself and the entire team I would like to take this time to express how sorry we are for everything, it is not something that we except. If you would like to discuss the issue further please feel free to contact me directly at 585-272-7800 or by email at bklink@visions-hotels.com. I would also like to invite you back for another visit in hopes you will give us a second chance to accommodate you!
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I was going to stay 3 nights but after seeing the conditions I checked out after one night!fire alarm at 10 PM because the pool pump overheated, the manager did not know how to reset the elevators so they were out of order until 9 a.m. The next morning.phone jack kept coming out of the phone, the coffee maker did not work and a trivial point but a further sign up for maintenance, the access door to the air conditioning controls was broken. Worst stay in any hotel!!!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank coblio
LQROC, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rochester - Brighton, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your feedback. The fire alarm did go off due to the pool pump overheating. The elevators automatically shut down when the alarms are set. Unfortunately the elevators would not reset because the circuits broke. One elevator was repaired by 7:30 am to ensure guests did not have to take the stairwell. We are going to be starting renovations in the near future. I hope you come and stay again.

Donna A.
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

The staff is exceptional in their interaction with guests. Rooms are clean and well arranged. Complimentary breakfast very adequate and well presented.

PLEASE be mindful of your handicap guests as we need a bed to ourselves since we mostly have problems moving. When we come as a couple, you do not have that provision. Two twin beds are better than one queen bed for a handicap couple. Also your shower does not allow wheel chair entry. Thank you for your consideration.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your feedback! We are going to be starting renovations in the near future.

Donna A.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Brighton
#16 of 31 in Rochester
4.0 of 5 stars 672 reviews
Hampton Inn Rochester North
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester Downtown

Been to Holiday Inn Express Rochester - Brighton? Share your experiences!