“LA Quinta Henrietta Road, Rochester, NY” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Rochester South
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   717 E. Henrietta Rd, Rochester, NY 14623   |
Ranked #14 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Mount Arlington, NJ, United States
“LA Quinta Henrietta Road, Rochester, NY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

As soon as I saw the hotel, it was clear that it is a former Hampton Inn. I proceeded with trepidation, as I am not a fan of Hampton Inns. As soon as I walked into the lobby, I noticed the air was warm and damp. Thoughts of dread and fear of a sleepless night entered my mind. I asked the desk clerk if the a/c was broken and she said something to the effect that it sure felt like that judging by the lobby but that she was pretty sure the rooms would be okay. I decided to take a gamble and check in. I immediately cranked the a/c when I got in the room and was quickly assured that the desk clerk was correct. I looked around the room and was surprised to see that the room had not likely been renovated from its Hampton Inn days. The décor was dark and not reflective of today's hotel room style, never mind the typical La Quinta colors and décor. The carpeting in the elevators and halls are in desperate need of replacement. Breakfast was okay. There were bacon and what looked like fake sunny-side up eggs as well as the usual cereals and pastries. I had some bacon and juice, so I cannot comment on the quality or taste of the food. Overall, I would stay in the hotel again. I slept like a baby due to the fully functioning a/c, that operated perfectly and had no governor or cap on the temperature. The bed was very comfortable, which added to my peaceful slumber.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

LQROC, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Rochester South, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your feedback! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!!

Donna A.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
erie
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Cable not even connected to TV and unable to fix it. Room door needed pulled shut. Ice maker across the hall made loud noises. Toilet backed up. Very loud, old A/C that would not stop until shut off. Plaster coming off walls.

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your feedback. Our goal is to ensure all of our guests enjoy their stay. We are going to be starting renovations in the near future. I hope you choose to stay with us again.

Park City, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Let me start with the good. The location was very convenient for what I needed. I called the hotel before hand to confirm that their shuttle service was available until 11 PM. The confirmed that it was. Arriving at the airport I promptly called the hotel at 10 45PM for a pick up. They informed me that the shuttle driver had gone home for the night and to take a cab.

After checking in I found the room was not made. By the time I actually got to bed it was way past midnight..In the morning I found there was no shampoo or soap in the room.

The breakfast was mediocre at best. I don't expect much at bargin hotels but this was below standard. I have stayed at several La Quinta's across the nation and have had positive experiences at all of them. Not the case in Rochesters NY.

Under no circumstance will I stay at this property again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your feedback. Our goal is to ensure all guests enjoy their stay with us. We are looking into the issues you have occurred. I would like to have you come back and have a positive experience.

Rome, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

A great place for the price. The staff was courteous and attentive. The rooms were very clean as well as the bathrooms. The pool and fitness center were clean and inviting. Overall, a wonderful place to stay for business and/or leisure. I would come and stay again and recommend others to do the same.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

LQROC, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Rochester South, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your feedback! I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Holbrook, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Overall the hotel was good. However dogs are allowed on the first 2 floors. The first night on the 5th floor we were awakened by a barking dog. Thank goodness they checked out the next morning!! Room was clean and the shampoo is excellent!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

LQROC, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Rochester South, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your feedback! We try our best to keep pets in certain locations of the hotel, unfortunately sometimes they forget to register their pets and they get by us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us! We hope to see you again in the near future.

Huntington Beach, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

First time staying at La Quinta in Rochester and I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms are well kept and there is a HUGE flat screen TV for those of you that can't live without sports. For those that travel with pets....there is plenty of grass for you to walk your fur-baby. The front desk called my room to see if everything was to my liking. A newspaper was left outside my door in the morning! There is an exercise room as well as an indoor pool for those that like to get in a daily workout. In addition to the morning breakfast, I was given an opportunity to have a free meal voucher (with beverage) at one of the local restaurants. I declined because I was going to get my Chipotle on that night, but this was a good deal for a business traveler or anyone watching their budget. There is a new retail area a few miles away ....perfect for those who need a Dunkin' Donuts, Starbucks, Brueggers or Chipotle fix. Rochester....I'll be sure to make a return trip. All in all.....a pretty nice stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your feedback! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Pass Christian, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I spent three nights at this hotel and found it to be well located with respect to the airport, food, movies, shopping, etc. My room was nice with a decent selection of TV and movie channels. The exercise room was nice and I thought the breakfast was excellent. I will stay here again if back in Rochester, NY.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

LQROC, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Rochester South, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your feedback! I am pleased and happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us! Making our guests feel welcome and at home is what we strive for. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Donna A.

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Rochester South? Share your experiences!