“Reliable rest” 5 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Rochester South
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   717 E. Henrietta Rd, Rochester, NY 14623   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #17 of 32 Hotels in Rochester

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
HOUSTON, TEXAS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

If only your floor mates would shut their doors as if there might be other people sleeping after midnight. Sounds like your in a drum when those metal doors slam. Memories of my old collage dorm.
But, other than that, we had an average stay. Nothing special enough to rate as very good. If road noise is a problem for you, stay on the south side (main parking lot) of the property. North side looks over the beautiful freeway with a ramp right outside your window. Rooms were average size and reasonably clean. Breakfast was basic but well stocked, at least during the week. Note: fruit at breakfast bar would have been nice. The weekend crew had trouble keeping up on a very busy weekend. Staff was .... Average. Pretty much what one expects from this level property. Plenty of free, close in parking. Large flat screens. Decent shower pressure. Stains in the tub so it's wise to only use these tubs for a shower. Good location to reach all attractions in and around the city. This property was built as a Hampton with LQ taking over a few years ago.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We were a group of six and booked a suite for 3 nights so we could attend the PGA Championship. For us, the property was perfectly located. It was easy to find, had restaurant options within walking distance and we were 2 minutes from the event shuttle. We booked 6 months in advance and ended up paying a very fair rate.
The room was very comfortable for 6 people (had 2 bathrooms) but our windows were filthy. One was covered in finger and hand prints. I'm sure the people in the room before us must have had kids and housekeeping forgot the windows. It wasn't a huge deal but it was the very first thing I noticed when I walked in the room. I let the front desk know upon check out, they made a note and were very apologetic.
Breakfast was very good. Hot items changed each day - biscuits & gravy, sausage & eggs, omelette & sausage. Yogurt and hard boiled eggs were also available.
This property was perfect for us and we would return again, if we needed something in that area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Right off a highway exit, clean, friendly staff, convenient dining options and a great breakfast. Perfects for a college visit. Minutes away from the University of Rochester, and Strong Memorial Hospital.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Trenton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I stayed at this La Quinta when I was up in Rochester for a business trip. I travel a lot for my job and stay in many similar chain hotels. It takes a lot to stand out for me, but this La Quinta did just that.
When I arrived the manager was in the lobby, (just a coincidence) she greeted me warmly which was refreshing and pleasant after my trip. The staff were not remarkable in any way, but it's the consistency that I noticed and that counts for more than you realize. They were consistently polite, helpful, the room was always clean when I came back in the evenings and if I phoned down to the desk for an extra pillow or towel, they had it to me quickly.
It may not have been home, but this La Quinta made me feel better rather than worse each night and I appreciate that more than I can express. Thank you La Quinta.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Buffalo, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Upon arrival on Thursday 8/1/2013 the staff seem as if they were doing me a favor, when you're in hospitality you should at lease have a smile on your face to greet the guest, that didnt happen, i love the idea of being pet friendly since my dog was very ill, however I was told FIrst o put down a security deposit. I returned later to ask about an extra stay the answer was so confusing about how much, I walk away. To put it mildly it was the worse experience from the front desk I have ever experience I my life and I'm an avid traveler!!!! We were told there would be fresh baked cookies at 8 only to find out that they keep them behind the counter, I thought that was strange since the coffee and tea are out where you can easily get to it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Morgantown, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We booked a double room (2 queen size beds) about a week in advance as we were planning on attending an evening event in the area. We traveled 6 hours to get to Rochester and showed up at the front desk before the event at 2 PM to drop off our luggage. Since we have 3 kids we wanted to get the room ready and assemble the pack and play for our toddler. We were told the room would not be ready until 3 PM. Since we didn't want to wait an hour we told them we would get back late in the evening after an event and they assured us that the front desk was open 24 hours and our room would be ready for us.

After the event we arrived at the hotel around midnight with 3 exhausted children in the car just to find out that our room had been given to someone else because they had overbooked the hotel. They tried to call nearby hotels but they were all full so they offered us their only available room which was a smelly smoking room with 1 king size bed, a broken TV and not ready for guests. There was even a maintenance guy working in the room when we got to it. It took an extra hour to get everything ready. One of my daughters and I had to sleep on the floor because we could not all fit on the bed.

After writing a complaint email to the general manager this is what her reply (3 weeks later!) said:

"We apologize that your experience was not what you expected. We hope you will be staying with us again soon."

Not in a million years. I would rather stay at a Motel and actually have a bed than go through this again. And that was not an acceptable apology.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
LQROC, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Rochester South, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Upon being notified of your dissatisfaction I immediately took responsibility for this situation and comped your room. This was done on July 21 when you checked out of the Hotel. Shortly afterwards, I also attempted to call you on the phone number you provided, but was unable to reach you. I left you a detailed voicemail expressing my sincere apology to you and your family and informed you that I would be awarding additional LQ points for the issues you experienced. I most definitely did not wait 3 weeks to respond to your dliema, and I regret that you did not receive my voicemail relating this information. I do appreciate the fact that you are a loyal LQ Returns member and I would be pleased to host your next stay in the area.

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Rochester South? Share your experiences!