I stayed at the La Quinta Inn & Suites Rochester South for a single night in late October 2012. Being only a short 5 minute drive from Rochester International Airport, its location is excellent for anyone visiting Strong Memorial Hospital or the University of Rochester. It is also immediately off of Interstate 390, making getting to and from other Rochester destinations easy.
The rooms are pleasantly updated in a contemporary style. While this doesn't hold a candle to the urban chicness of a "W" or other upper-echelon hotel chains, La Quinta's value is unprecedented at under $100/night. I found my room and the common areas to be extremely clean. Each room has a large LCD television with a wide selection of cable channels available. Bathroom products were standard but nice. Wi-fi is included and was fast.
The bed was extremely comfortable and had literally 10 pillows to choose from of varying fluffiness. The heating/AC unit worked perfectly and wasn't too noisy. I found the front desk staff to be extremely friendly upon check-in. The included continental breakfast buffet offered standard fare breakfast items, but was still very good. Coffee was always hot and fresh.
The hotel also has a pool; while I didn't use it, the pool area itself looked very clean and well kept.
BOTTOM LINE: The La Quinta Inn & Suites Rochester South hotel has an ideal location for those flying into Rochester International Airport and those who have business in the southern Rochester/Brighton area. It is very clean, has spacious and comfortable rooms and offers unprecedented value at under $100/night. The included breakfast was very good, the staff friendly and the wi-fi fast. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Rochester for business.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Rochester South Hotel Rochester
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Rochester South
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Rochester South Hotel
- Hampton Inn Rochester
- Rochester Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 4 miles from the airport and less than a mile from University of Rochester, Monroe Community College, Strong Memorial Hospital and the Erie Canal. Local corporations include Xerox, Kodak, Bausch & Lomb, and Harris RF. Hockey, lacrosse, and soccer games played at nearby ESL Sports Center, Rhino Stadium, Frontier Field or Blue Cross Arena. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, LaQuinta, Travelocity, Venere, Fareportal , Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Rochester South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.