“Who Knew!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Rochester
new york
“Who Knew!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Okay, so when you book a hotel "across the street from an airport", you may not be expecting too much. We had an early flight, so we went up to Rochester, NY, the night before and stayed at the Best Western the Inn at Rochester Airport. We didn't have high expectations, but were completely surprised! I don't know if we were lucky enough to be placed in a newly renovated room or if all the rooms looked this way, but we sure lucked out! The room had a king size bed in it, although the room was small, it was very comfortable and not too cramped. The other furnishings were of a modern design and there was even crown molding in the room. THAT you don't see very often in hotels. The room was very comfortable and well maintained! There was a large buffet breakfast in the morning (started at 4 a.m. for those flying out really early) and that was a very nice bonus!! At this hotel, if you select the "sleep and fly" rate, you can leave your car in their lot for the duration of your trip. That was a REALLY nice bonus!! Best Western Inn at the Rochester Airport--great job!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Shaunna D, General Manager at BEST WESTERN The Inn At Rochester Airport, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. The rooms are all newly renovated as you mention. We are glad you were able to take advantage of the park and fly program it really is a great deal. We take pride in doing everything within our means to make sure our guests feel right at home. Its truly an honor to receive such great comments! Thanks again and hope to see you on your next trip to Rochester.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Silver Creek, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

My sister and I stayed in one of their suites and we were pleasantly delighted by the cleanliness of the room and the courteous staff. After we checked in, we realized we were placed in a room other than what we booked. I notified the front desk and we were moved to a suite with out delay or hassle. The breakfast was available in time for us to get to the airport by 5 am and was well-stocked with a wide variety of choices. What was supposed to be hot was hot, and what was supposed to be cold or chilled, was. The beds were clean and comfortable and even with the location so close to the airport, we were not kept awake by airport traffic or airplanes. It was a great start to what we knew was going to be a very long day. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: the two-room suite was ideal for my sister, my teenage niece and myself. The teen had her own tv wi...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm happy to see you and your family enjoyed your stay with us, and you were able to take advantage of our new suites. They really are ideal for families! We appreciate all the great compliments! I hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to Rochester.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

This is a great hotel to stay at, especially if you're arriving late at night or have an early morning flight. Location is perfect! Staff is very accommodating & helpful. Breakfast starts at 5am which is awesome for an early morning flight. Highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking time to let us know about your stay, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it. We truly appreciate the compliments. Were glad you were able to take advantage of the shuttle and the early breakfast. Its so convenient to be close to the Airport with such an early flight! I hope we will see you on your next trip out of Rochester!
Mineral Ridge
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Upon check-in staff was pleasant. The next morning the breakfast food was terrible. Eggs and sausage gone. Pastries, English muffins mushy , no hot water. When I asked the manager when the eggs would be ready she started yelling at me and said the guests ate everything. Then stared yelling the guest keep eating the food. Every time the manager walked by us she would make a loud comment to me. The guy in the kitchen wanted to know what who wants to know when the food will be ready , like that was a threat. That was other gusts complaining .When the eggs finally came the manager made more comments to me, it was so embarrassing . When we took a small plate of eggs so we did not get yelled out again, we felt sick after, I'm not sure if they did something to them. Then when I asked for management that is when I was informed rudely she was the manager , She smiled and laughed to whole time she was yelling. The way the manager treated us was unprofessional. This seemed to be her normal personality, so she has probably treated others this was before. I would not recommend Best Western to anybody.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm truly sorry to hear that you were not pleased with your stay. I do understand it was an usually busy weekend for us, and we tried our best to keep up with the demand for breakfast. We continued to put food out until everyone had been served even after breakfast was over. I understand it was an inconvenience to wait as food was being prepared and I truly apologize. I would also like to apologize for the attitude you feel you received from the front desk, I was very surprised to see this as I have always had such great comments about the staff, and I'm very disappointed. By no means would I ever want our guests to feel this way. Your satisfaction is a priority to us. I do hope we may have the opportunity to accommodate you on a future stay, and provide you with the service you deserve and expect from us. Thank you
White Plains, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Checking in, we noticed a man and his wife sitting across from the front desk. They were watching the desk clerk, but also looking over the new guests. Proprietary, we thought.

We asked "Is this your hotel?" "Yes," he said with pride and a welcoming smile. We complimented the owners on a beautiful, well-maintained property, and anticipated a great stay.

We weren't disappointed. We requested and got a quiet, top floor suite away from elevators and ice machines. And we got the hypoallergenic preparation we needed. In fact, service throughout our stay was friendly and efficient.

Everything we touched or tried in this hotel was clean, neat and functional. Everything. Nothing was missing or marginal. And there were many "extras" not usually found in Best Western franchises. And that despite a modest price!

Our suite, and every facility in the hotel boasted modern, tasteful decor. The beds were firm, with mattresses as good as the $1000+ something-pedic we have at home. There was plenty of hot water. The shower head was the one we selected for our own home after careful research.

The work desk, chair and Internet access were all top tier. Comfortable, well-lit, and hi-speed. Plenty of outlets. Business travelers will be right at home.

The owners know travelers, like armies, travel on their stomachs. The gleaming breakfast pantry offers a generous variety of foodstuffs. And it's stocked with juices, coffee, tea, cookies, fruit, yogurt, hard-boiled eggs and more all day long. Get off the plane, grab a snack, eat in the dedicated dining area, a nearby lounge, or take it to your room.

Of course, they operate a complimentary airport shuttle, but there's also plenty of outdoor parking. And there's a well-appointed exercise room to work out the kinks or tone up for a long day.

Rochester is an International airport with light traffic. So we heard the occasional plane. But sound attenuation throughout the hotel was much better than usual, making it a quiet, restful inn.

If all Best Western properties were this good, we'd never stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: Suites are a great value. Two large rooms for not much more than a single.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I was truly honored to read your review. We work hard to make all of our guests feel right at home, and its so rewarding to see that doesn't go unnoticed. I'm so glad you had a truly great stay, and I hope I may have the pleasure of meeting you on your next trip to Rochester. Thank you!
Binghamton, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

This is a small hotel, but very neat, clean and comfortable - I understand that it had recently been renovated. The service was excellent - staff members were friendly and helpful. It is very close to the airport but I never heard a plane overhead. This hotel is a great bargain for the price. Since it is a Park & Fly hotel, you save the cost of parking at the airport if you stay for a night either before or after your trip.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. Your satisfaction is truly important to us. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. The park and fly has truly been a great program! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Rochester.
Riverview, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Shawna and Chris are the best! They go out of their way to make guests happy! If you are looking for a place to stay in Rochester this is it! Close to the airport, complimentary shuttle and good restaurants!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Shaunna D, General Manager at BEST WESTERN The Inn At Rochester Airport, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you so much for the compliments! Im glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, and Im so glad I got to meet you during your visit! We hope you will come back to visit should your travels bring you to Rochester again!

Been to BEST WESTERN The Inn At Rochester Airport? Share your experiences!