“Beyond DISGUSTING OWNERS!” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Diner
Louisville, Kentucky
“Beyond DISGUSTING OWNERS!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I no longer care how my experience was over the Holidays, I go to locally owned, family "Mom n Pop" places to SUPPORT THEM. I will never again give my hard earned money to these absolutely lower than pond scum owners, THAT DO NOT HAVE ONE IOTA OF COMPASSION, OR HUMAN DECENCY for those that make them their money!

Imagine a beloved, close family member JUST DIED. Your boss tells you if you tend to you and your family's urgent needs (grief, funeral arrangements, etc) you'll be FIRED. You choose to support your loved ones and your loved one's memory. Your now EX-boss, while you are FRESHLY GRIEVING WITH YOUR FAMILY, sends you horrific txt messages along the likes of "every one has lost a loved one....you aren't the only one to experience a loss.....etc.". Sadly, this is what the owners of this establishment find acceptable.

I will spending my hard earned money elsewhere FOR SURE!

Visited December 2013

Buffalo, New York
“NO Way!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

The owners of this establishment refused to give time off to an employee when a family member died and the family was at the hospital. Subsequently he was told he would lose his job for taking days off to be with his grieving family. This lack of compassion by owners Jim and Greg is totally insensitive and lacking in ethical practice for employers and shows a total lack of care for humanity and we wonder why our society is the way it is with people like this?
I will not again darken the doors of the Parkside Diner and will encourage all others to do the same. Good food and great atmosphere can be found elsewhere with employers of integrity and compassion.

Visited August 2013
Irondequoit, New York
“Boycott this Place!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

I will never eat here again! Considering how they treated an employee who's brother in law passed by firing him for taking time off to be with his family. Totally uncompassionate owners and does not deserve anyone's business!

Visited December 2013
Mendon, New York
“Unethical, immoral business practices - AVOID!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

The owners of this diner refused to let an employee go to the hospital to be with his family as his brother-in-law had just passed away. When he asked for time to be with his family in the days following, he was told to show up for work or be fired. He stayed with his family and was fired. So you really want to support a business with such horrible ethics?? I hope not!

Visited February 2014
Rochester, New York
“Great Fish Fry”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

My Wife and I try a lot of local places for fish fry we stopped in to Parkside on a recommendation from a friend and it was great, I had the Beer Batter and My wife got the broiled, people were great very nice price also what"s why we will be back and I can not wait till next week ., we found a keeper THANKS

• Visited December 2013