“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Acton, Massachusetts
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Service, atmosphere and food are all excellent. Loved the Filet Marsala. Dined here twice. Jen was an outstanding server.

Visited August 2013

Rochester, NY
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Went to Delmonico's with a party of 4 for our 30th anniversary dinner on August 13th. We were disappointed back in June when we tried to get in here on Father's day and they did not take reservations and said there was a 1 hour wait when we arrived. So at the time we moved our dinner next door to Friday's.

Fast forward to August. I called to make reservations and because it was a Tuesday, they said it was no problem. I happened to mention it was for an anniversary dinner and that I wanted actual reservations so we would not be waiting out in the street. When we arrived we were immediately seated in a sort of semi-private both in the corner. There was actually a pretty good crowd there at 6:30. I was surprised, considering it was a Tuesday night. We were seated for only a couple of minutes before our waitress arrived to take our drink order. I was pleased to see at least one Finger Lakes wine on the list. We ordered a bottle of Glenora Riesling to start off - which turned out to be an excellent choice. The waitress came back shortly and served the wine professionally. For dinner I ordered the Filet Portobello, medium rare, with sauteed onions on the side. This came with angle hair pasta and special sauce. This must be one of the best meals I have ever eaten. The steak was incredibly tasty and tender and the sauce was great. I also ordered a McWilliams Hanwood Estate Shiraz which went well with the meal. The rest of my party ordered typical Italian dishes and all were very satisfied with their selections. Our waitress was quite professional and attended to us promptly. All in all, it was just outstanding.

I forgot to mention they served us a free cannoli since they knew it was our anniversary (and of course sang happy anniversary) and also took our picture and gave us copies.

In terms of atmosphere, it depends on what you are looking for. This is not a quiet place, but the atmosphere is pleasant if you don't mind the occasional birthday song.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, New York
“Great service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Nice atmosphere, prompt service, and great food. Pricy, but large portions which we took home. We sat in a side hallway which was quiet, and out of the way of the main dining area, but our server was very attentive. My husband's steak was done perfectly. We would go back again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Too loud and too fast!!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I read the reviews about Delmonico's and see that most were very pleased with the atmosphere. This was our first time there and as I walked in the door I was pleasantly surprised. I enjoyed the atmosphere and we were seated immediately at a booth. That's we're everything went downhill fast. Our server was very pleasant and gave us time to look at the menus. The prices were very fair, not like one of the reviewers stated. There was not greens and beans on the menu, only greens, so we ordered them. Two of us ordered a salad and we ordered dinner. I had linguini with vodka sauce, one ordered the pork chops, and the other ordered the veal Marsala. She brought our drinks, I ordered the Zinfandel and the others ordered a beer. My glass was a 5 oz pour for $9!!! They brought the salads before the greens, and before we were half through the salad the greens came and within 5 minutes the dinners came!! We gave her the remaining salads and greens back to the server to make room for the dinners. We were there early and it was not busy so what's the rush. We were out in less than 1 hour. It was way too loud with the girls singing and screaming. The food was good except my linguini was so dry I had to choke it down. The other dishes looked good. Everything is al a carte to keep the prices down. I would not go there again.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Westwood, NJ
“Great service, good food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Went here with some friends. They really overplayed the Italian stereotype....with cheesy fedora and gangster pinstripes on the hostesses. . Atmosphere is LOUD. Not a quiet place. The food is good, however a bit over priced, especially for the area. Our server was fantastic, and all of the servers seemed to be constantly moving during our busy Saturday night dinner. A small mistake that the kitchen made with our large party of six order was fixed quickly. Overall the place is fun, very friendly, and I am glad we went. Bar drinks were well liked by our group.

Worth trying, however there is a LOT of competition on the nearby Henrietta area.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere