“Worth going” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Worth going”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

Good food, fun atmosphere, expensive. I come here every time I go to rochester. Salmon is better than the steak. Great soup!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

82% Recommend
Fairport, N.Y.
“Best Bang for the Beef Buck anywhere, bar none”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

Having visited this steakhouse numerous times with friends and family, we were most happily confronted with yet another delightful experience. Great food, promptly and pleasantly served, reasonably priced. A pound and a half of prime, tender, tasty beefsteak, trimmings a la carte should you wish them, good appetizers (try the pasta chips!)....a great meal. The only downsides I can see are the "no reservations" policy, and an uninspired dessert offering. The wait is considerable (1.5 hours unless you got your name on the "not-reservations" list which they make some to-do about cutting wait time in half (??)), and though certainly acceptable the desserts are not up to the standard set by the remainder of the menu. Apparently I would recommend the place to friends for we continue to return, a few times each year.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
ny
“Great service paired up with awesome food/drinks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

The restaurant was located within walking distance of our hotel which was nice already. It was lit up with lights and nicely decorated for the fall season. The restaurant had nice music and our waitress was awesome. She was super energetic and friendly. We had steak which was cooked to perfection. The drinks were yummy and strong, just like they were meant to be. The prices were pretty decent too, given the fact that it's a steak restaurant. I would recommend it for families, friends or couples.

Visited October 2011
Oakhurst, New Jersey
“They sold me the sizzle, I would have preferred the steak”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

Guess I got caught by the name, thinking of the Delmonico's in NYC. Then thinking I wanted a Delmonico steak I went for it. I had their signature steak. It was good, ok. Not great and amazing. There was way to much work for me to cut through the inedible parts. When I am at a great steak house I should not have to be cutting away inedible parts. The edible parts were delicious.

The schtick was a bit to kitschy for me too. The ancient decor and waitresses in hotpants and black stockings. Guess it might be fun with a goup. I prefer a good steak without the BS.

• Visited October 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Nice steakhouse, not so Italian.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011 via mobile

I loved the ambience of this restaurant and the filet mignon was in the top ten that I've had.

Good:
Curteous staff.
Fresh baked bread.
Good wine selection.
Food cooked very well, to order.
Good desert menu.

Nitpicking:
No olive oil and basalmic vinegar offered for the bread.

Overall a great dinner.