“Great pub and restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #102 of 1,105 Restaurants in Rochester
“Great pub and restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Great pints (great selection too) and great burger! I had a Guinness of course, then a Victory, both excellent. I ordered the mozz sticks - good but was still hungry. Then came the burger and it was awesome. I was full after eating half of it but couldn't stop! I ate the entire thing and the home made fries too. I am definitely going back soon.

Rochester, NY
“Would go back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner on New Year's Eve. Food was good, prepared as requested. I like things simple and plain (lots of iceberg in the salad etc.), this met the bill. Server was friendly, cost was reasonable. Decor could be updated, parking was tight due to the Holiday.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great friendly pub!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Rochester, NY
“A place I want to come back to.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My GF and I were out and about doing some geocaching and we passed by Shamrock Jacks which I have eyed many times before and felt it was inviting enough to go in and have a drink. As soon as we walked into the barroom we knew that this was our kind of place. We always like to stop and eat and drink in places with some character and Shamrock Jacks was just such a place.

It was a Sunday afternoon, football was playing and there were only two other patrons at the bar. The dining room was buzzing with what proved to be a wine tasting party. We ordered drinks and we were also asked by the bartender if we wanted to sample one of the wine drinks they were making in the other room. We accepted and it was delicious.

We decided to order an appetizer and while we were waiting for it the bartender came over carrying a dish of stuffed mushrooms and said they were "from the other room" and would we care to try them. Outstanding! These were hot and delicious. Our own appetitizers came our which were the Chicken quesadilla's and they were hot, delicious and very very good.

As we were about to leave we asked if we could see the dining room and much to our surprise there were three dining areas. All very charming and inviting. We looked over the dinner menu and we knew we just had to come back for a formal dinner.

What a great experience for first timers and this is definitely a place we want to come back to.

• Visited December 2012
Fairport, New York
“Another Great Find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Every month, 3 friends and I go out to dinner. We try to go to restaurants we've never been to. Last Sunday, we went to Shamrock Jack's. We sat in their very serene dining room - a totally different atmosphere from the bar area. I ordered their lobster stuffed chicken - to die for! Totally enjoyed this restaurant - I will definitely go back. The service is outstanding and everyone there is extremely friendly.

• Visited October 2012