“Manager need to honest, had a poor experience” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #58 of 1,126 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Rochester, New York
“Manager need to honest, had a poor experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

I typically travel in and out of Rochester ever 2 weeks and every time I return home my son and I ordered from Sticky Lips in Henrietta. On 1 occasion when I return home I ordered 2 meals which included the brisket. It was awful and could not be eaten (the brisket). I call the restaurant, spoke with manager who reassured me that he would send out coupons to compensate me for my meals. Well, up to today that has not happen. The brisket was fatty, under cooked, raw. Very poor taste from what I always had when I dine there. Henrietta site seem to run out of the brisket a lot ,and the dark meat of chicken. Customer experience otherwise is great, and the food is good, except for that 1 experience. Won't be retuning back very soon. Another new barbecue place is now in Henrietta, willing to try it.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

1,710 reviews 1,710 reviews
1,146 restaurant reviews
“Yum - another great BBQ meal!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Sticky Lips has a great menu of nicely BBQd foods. Today, I enjoyed a pulled pork sandwich with cole slaw, all home made. I ordered the pulled pork without sauce, but they give you about six bottles of different sauces at the table. The "Cherry Bomb" is the best, slathered over the pulled pork. Yum! We also had our favorite waitress, (I can't remember her name), who makes the meal fun while taking care of everything.

This is a fun and delicious place to come. I highly recommend it.

Visited December 2013
“poor experiance at sticky lips”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

We have been to both sticky lips stores many times and always had great food and service. Last night we went to the culver road location and the food was awful. Dried out ribs and fatty brisket.......we love the place but if this were my first time there, it would be our last!!

• 1 of 5 stars Food
“What Happened?!?!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

I've always argued that Sticky Lips gives Dinosaur BBQ a run for their money, but his last visit made me really question if they are still up yo par. Hopefully it was an anomaly. I've always loved Sticky Lips. Very Briefly, on our last visit:
1. We waited at the front of a line to be seated for 10 min w/o being acknowledged.
2. The party of 6 that came in 5 minutes after us was seated before us despite many open tables ...we were a party of 2
3. Our small order took FOREVER. The party of 6, however was served promptly.
4. My BLT was served on burnt toast with no apologies.

I will say that when I pointed out the burnt toast, the waiter did have the chef make me another sandwich so I will give them that.

My overall lasting impression was/is....Sticky Lips!! What's happened?!?!

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, NY
“Great variety, always good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Good, solid bbq. Their brisket out does dinosaur, and their ribs, while less smoky, are also top notch. What sets them apart is their variety. A much broader range of dishes. We've tried their ultimate Mac and cheese -huge pasta shells layered with chili and hot dogs, cheesy sauce and a crispy baked top. Fried green tomato BLT on jalapeno bread is a great combination. They offer their version of a garbage plate and a Primanti sandwich too.
The smoked beef short rib is fall off the bone beefy and tender. I like the range of bbq sauces as well.
Probably my favorite spot for BBQ in Rochester.

• 4 of 5 stars Food