“BBQ” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Rochester, New York
“BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My husband and I participate in competitive bbq, and we understand the challenge of serving 'freshly' smoked meats. We thought this was some of the best available given other bbq places in Rochester. It was a weekend, assuming turnover in food is high, the meat is likely fresher and therefore, better. The chicken was our least favorite, it was dry and could have had a little more flavor. The sides were not as good as some other bbq joints in the city. We had the cajun corn (too much oil/butter) and macaroni salad (bland). Overall, some of the better bbq we have tried.

Visited March 2013

New York City, New York
“AWESOME !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

A bit of a wait - but worth it.
Wonderful decor.
Food arrived super fast. (BBQ Beef ribs were delish). The ratatouille side was the best I've had.
Helpful waitress.

I didn't care for all their sauces and I wish I had room left for the dessert - but I didn't.

The neighborhood seemed a bit dicey - but I drove there and left in one piece.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Plattsburgh, New York
“Love that Barbecue!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

So, as someone who cannot eat gluten- I was THRILLED to learn that sticky lips' sauces are gluten free! There are fantastic drumsticks, tasty greens and I highly recommend any sort of pulled pork, chicken etc.. When we return to Rochester, we ALWAYS go there! I especially like to order sampler plates..

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, New York
“Delicious food! Amazing ribs that melt in your mouth!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

The ribs here are worth waiting for because they are delicious. Cooked perfectly. Also there are many side dishes to go with these. There is also very good BBQ chicken. Very consistent. SO popular you might have to wait, Do it!

Visited December 2012
Western NY
“Thumbs Down”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I was told that Sticky Lips was a good place to go for barbecue ribs so my wife and I decided to give it a try.I wasn't all that impressed. Right from the get go it went bad, our server gave us are menu's and take are drink order, I asked what they had on tap and the girl said they had 53 taps but when I asked for a certain beer the only answer I got was she will have to check ( not a good answer) Next we got to order our appetizer, My wife wanted fried green tomatoes but was told that its just a seasonal item, apparently I can get fried green tomatoes anywhere I want in the greater Rochester area but I can't get them at Sticky Lips.
The food wasn't to bad and the service was fair, but my biggest problem was eating off of a plastic plate , thats something you should only see in a High School Cafeteria.
This is not a restaurant that I would recommend, you would be better off going to the Dinosaur in Rochester

• Visited March 2013