“Best cheese steaks in town.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #288 of 1,108 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Fast Food, Sandwiches
“Best cheese steaks in town.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Hands down. I'm a steak sandwich expert. It's tough to beat Macs in Fairport, but these guys did it. So much meat, 3 slices of pepper Jack, fried onions and hot peppers. The way it was prepped and finished on the hot top, bread on top then flipped in. Amazing. Plus their fries have this two step seasoning process. So good. Can't wait to go again.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

San Francisco, California
“Best Philly Cheesesteaks in Rochester”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

This joint has the best Cheesesteaks in town. I was visiting Rochester to tour University of Rochester and a friend brought me to this restaurant. I have to say that I am very impressed. I ordered their regular-sized Philly Classic Sandwich and was amazed with the quality and amount of steak. I ordered a combination meal and it came with a drink and fries for only $7.99. For around the same price of fast-food joints like McD and BK, I would say this restaurant tops them all. You get quality steak, friendly service, and best of all, the restaurant is family-owned! The staff always keeps tries to keep the tables clean for customers, and provide enough napkins on the table. Eating a philly cheesesteak isn't the most neatest, but the mess is worth it! You will be in heaven when the soft steak and cheese melts in your mouth.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, New York
“Decent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Has always been a decent meal; no complaints with quality. Have not been to Philadelphia, so I can't compare it to the "real thing"

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I had the food a really...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2007

I had the food a really long time ago, but it was so good I have thought of it, sought out replacements for it and even tried making it myself, but nobody can beat this local cheesesteak joint. I give myself 4 stars for not making more of an effort, lol.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Authentic cheese steaks...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2007

Authentic cheese steaks! Recently under new management but the food still remains excellent. I recommend the Buffalo Chicken sub