“A win/lose stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 30 Hotels in Rochester
Cortland, New York
“A win/lose stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The place offers a park and fly feature which worked out really well. They shuttled us to and from the airport and that was a positive experience. They had a very nice breakfast even at 4:00 am. Unfortunately this is where the good review ends! The rooms were awful... Hair in the drains, ripped carpets and mold on the walls. This still wasn't the worst of it! At 4:00 am as we were leaving, we had to weave our way with our two small children through a group of police officers who were there due to some domestic dispute/violence that was occurring in one of the rooms. The negative definitely outweighed any positives this place had to offer which is unfortunate because most of the staff was friendly and very helpful.

Stayed August 2014
Dawn R, General Manager at Quality Inn Rochester Airport, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for the event that you and your family were subjected to while you were leaving, please understand that this type of incident is an isolated one and beyond our control.

585-464-8800

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We went on a group bus trip and stayed there for one night. Initially the room was pretty large and tidy. The mattresses were extremely comfortable therefor I could not wait to jump into bed. BUT, once the covers were pulled back to get ready for bed there was a huge live tick next to my pillow. Had to strip the bed down to make sure there weren't anymore critters. The amenities in the bathroom include the normal things except for toothpaste (most important.. I think). Our rooms were all the way in the back of the hotel which seemed like a maze to get to with our luggage. Apparently we were given a different breakfast from the normal guests because we came as a bus tour. Only coffee, tea, and muffins with fruit. No water or juice as an option which upset me because I am not a fan of either hot drink. The "breakfast" was set up in a back room with chairs and no tables. Secondly, someone from the tour came across the actual breakfast room which had so many more options for guests, including bottled water. We immediately were "kicked out" of this breakfast room. When we asked the concierge at the front desk why this was he carelessly told us that it was because we are not regular guests. I was shocked because we paid upfront for everything without being told the details of our stay or given extra options. Overall, if it is a simple nights stay you are looking for.. Fine. If not keep looking. I was not and am not a happy guest.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations.

Littleton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Arrived late to a "non-smoking" room that smelled like a stale ash tray. The worst part was we called ahead and were told a rollaway/cot was available to accommodate our 2 adults and 3 teenagers. Even upon arrival the lady at front desk said they'd bring the cot right down. Some time later a new desk person called the room stating there would be no cot. No apology, nothing but a very rude too bad. We were then told only 4 to a room, it is close to midnight and at this time no options except the hard disgusting floor. Stayed at several hotels on this trip and when a rollaway was promised it was delivered. Would have stayed elsewhere if we had not been misled.

• Stayed August 2014
Dawn R, General Manager at Quality Inn Rochester Airport, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

I do apologize that we were remiss with not providing a cot, as this is not acceptable. Also, a rude attitude is something that is not tolerated. There are alternative measures that should have been taken to ensure you and your family had a comfortable stay. I have addressed this with my staff to prevent this from happening in the future.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We stayed here on July 26, 2014. The premises is older and needs a refresh. The room was satisfactory. I personalty don't like have the bathroom sink area separate from the toilet and shower. The bed was comfortable. The breakfast area is big with a good assortment of hot and cold items.

A negative was that two cars (one parked beside me) were broken into with a window smashed. The new Corolla parked next to me is from Louisiana so they're stuck there until the window is fixed.

Although the price is good, I would probable stay elsewhere if I were to stay in Rochester longer. It has no pool and the kids like a pool.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dawn R, General Manager at Quality Inn Rochester Airport, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Manny,

I do apologize that we were remiss about sharing the hotel features and amenities with you, as we do have an outdoor swimming pool. I have addressed this with my staff to prevent this from happening in the future.

I assure you that the vehicles that had broken windows was a rare isolated incident. It is unfortunate when this type of incident happens; from the report I received there were valuables left visible in the vehicles. We did assist the guests who had the damage. I appreciate you showing concern for the other guests who were faced with this difficult situation.

buffalo ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I stayed here overnight as I was visiting friends in the Rochester area and did not feel like driving back to Buffalo NY at night so picked this hotel as it was close to interstate and had availability. For the price paid it was of decent quality with the no frills of fancy hotels and the complimentary breakfast was basic but adequate. The hotel could use some updating and the outside area some freshening up and do agree with other review that the hotel is strangely designed as my room was in the back of the hotel which was poorly lit and felt somewhat unsafe. On the plus side, the staff from front desk to housekeeping were friendly and for travelers flying out of the Rochester airport it isn't a bad deal.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

This hotel is a two out five star hotel. It is older and definitely needs updating. It is semi-clean. The sheets and towels were clean but everything else needs a good thorough cleaning. For instance, there was a thick layer of dust on the phone. We had a microwave and refrigerator in our room which was nice. They provided breakfast. Nothing spectacular, but was adequate to get you started in the morning. The pool is located outdoors. The price was reasonable so if you just need a place to stay for one night, it is okay. Our room was not cleaned and needed to get towels and toiletries from the front desk even though we spoke to the cleaning staff right outside our room.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dawn R, General Manager at Quality Inn Rochester Airport, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Traveler,

Manistee, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed here, lured in by an add for a good discount in one of the pamphlets you see at the rest area on the turnpike. We were leery of the small print so called and the person at the desk said they would honor the discount for the night's stay. We went a little out of the way to stay there and were greatly disappointed when we arrived and the person at the desk said they could not honor the discount. We showed them the add for this specific hotel and still they did not want to allow it. We couldn't afford the much higher regular rate and told them how we had gone out of the way, it was late and we were upset. Finally a manager came in and told the employee to honor the discount.

The room was mildly disappointing, a slight musty smell and a lingering smell of cigarette smoke despite it being a non-smoking room. It was clean and quiet enough for a decent sleep.

We were happy that the manager finally helped us with the advertised offer but felt upset still that they were originally tried to put us out. I wouldn't return to stay here unless there were no other places available.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dawn R, Manager at Quality Inn Rochester Airport, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

I assure you that I have addressed the difficulties you experienced when presenting the Hotel Coupon with the Guest Service staff.

585-464-8800

Been to Quality Inn Rochester Airport? Share your experiences!