“Ok for one night” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 32 Hotels in Rochester
Toronto, Canada
“Ok for one night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We stayed here on July 26, 2014. The premises is older and needs a refresh. The room was satisfactory. I personalty don't like have the bathroom sink area separate from the toilet and shower. The bed was comfortable. The breakfast area is big with a good assortment of hot and cold items.

A negative was that two cars (one parked beside me) were broken into with a window smashed. The new Corolla parked next to me is from Louisiana so they're stuck there until the window is fixed.

Although the price is good, I would probable stay elsewhere if I were to stay in Rochester longer. It has no pool and the kids like a pool.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dawn R, General Manager at Quality Inn Rochester Airport, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Manny,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

I do apologize that we were remiss about sharing the hotel features and amenities with you, as we do have an outdoor swimming pool. I have addressed this with my staff to prevent this from happening in the future.

I assure you that the vehicles that had broken windows was a rare isolated incident. It is unfortunate when this type of incident happens; from the report I received there were valuables left visible in the vehicles. We did assist the guests who had the damage. I appreciate you showing concern for the other guests who were faced with this difficult situation.

585-464-8800

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
buffalo ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I stayed here overnight as I was visiting friends in the Rochester area and did not feel like driving back to Buffalo NY at night so picked this hotel as it was close to interstate and had availability. For the price paid it was of decent quality with the no frills of fancy hotels and the complimentary breakfast was basic but adequate. The hotel could use some updating and the outside area some freshening up and do agree with other review that the hotel is strangely designed as my room was in the back of the hotel which was poorly lit and felt somewhat unsafe. On the plus side, the staff from front desk to housekeeping were friendly and for travelers flying out of the Rochester airport it isn't a bad deal.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

This hotel is a two out five star hotel. It is older and definitely needs updating. It is semi-clean. The sheets and towels were clean but everything else needs a good thorough cleaning. For instance, there was a thick layer of dust on the phone. We had a microwave and refrigerator in our room which was nice. They provided breakfast. Nothing spectacular, but was adequate to get you started in the morning. The pool is located outdoors. The price was reasonable so if you just need a place to stay for one night, it is okay. Our room was not cleaned and needed to get towels and toiletries from the front desk even though we spoke to the cleaning staff right outside our room.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dawn R, General Manager at Quality Inn Rochester Airport, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Traveler,

Manistee, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed here, lured in by an add for a good discount in one of the pamphlets you see at the rest area on the turnpike. We were leery of the small print so called and the person at the desk said they would honor the discount for the night's stay. We went a little out of the way to stay there and were greatly disappointed when we arrived and the person at the desk said they could not honor the discount. We showed them the add for this specific hotel and still they did not want to allow it. We couldn't afford the much higher regular rate and told them how we had gone out of the way, it was late and we were upset. Finally a manager came in and told the employee to honor the discount.

The room was mildly disappointing, a slight musty smell and a lingering smell of cigarette smoke despite it being a non-smoking room. It was clean and quiet enough for a decent sleep.

We were happy that the manager finally helped us with the advertised offer but felt upset still that they were originally tried to put us out. I wouldn't return to stay here unless there were no other places available.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dawn R, Manager at Quality Inn Rochester Airport, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

I assure you that I have addressed the difficulties you experienced when presenting the Hotel Coupon with the Guest Service staff.

Cortland, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

We stayed at the Quality Inn recently on both ends of a one week vacation. When we checked in Dawn was at the desk, and she is one of the warmest, nicest people. She quickly checked us in, then sent us to our room. The hotel is somewhat strangely designed as we had to drive all the way around to the back to get to our room. At night it seemed a little bit dark and unsafe to me-but I have to admit that I don't have any actual basis to say that-just a feeling.
When we left for our trip we parked out car out front-and that part is very well lit and appeared to be a safe place to leave our car.
Our room, which was a newer room with a King Bed was very nice. It was very clean! Actually walked around in my white socks which stayed white!!! The Wi-Fi worked very well during our stay. The bed was very comfortable, and we had a great sleep on both stays.
At 4:30AM we checked out to go on the shuttle to the airport. Breakfast starts at 4:30-and although we weren't interested in eating (had made coffee in the single serve coffee maker in our room), we did grab a banana for the road. The check out overnight guy seemed a little grumpy, as did the shuttle driver....but have to admit It was 4:30 AM and they certainly didn't have the excitement that we had going on our trip.
On return our shuttle was very quick, and the driver was friendly. Same person at check in that had been at check-out but he seemed a little friendlier at this time. We were in the same part of the hotel, again in a newer room with a king sized bed.
On the return we were able to enjoy the breakfast which was very substantial. Waffle maker, eggs, yogurt, fruit, bagels...plenty to eat.
Overall-this location is great for a park and fly stay. We will stay here again if we choose to fly out of Rochester Airport.

Room Tip: Newer, updated rooms seem to be in the back.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dawn R, Manager at Quality Inn Rochester Airport, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Laural,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Hollywood, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I needed to stay by the airport, but was not gong to be spending much time in the room, so I was not interested in shelling out a large amount for a room. This was basic Quality Inn, about a 5/10 overall. The front desk people were pleasant, but the rooms were a little dingy, not dirty, just kind of old and in need of some updating and better lighting.

There was not much of anything but a few fast food places near the hotel, but then I stumbled upon El Latino Restaurant--see separate review--several blocks away down Chili Ave. Great food.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dawn R, General Manager at Quality Inn Rochester Airport, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. I appreciate you bringing the lack of ample lighting, as this will allow me to address and correct this. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

Rochester, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Not a three star but a definite 2.5. It was the Ramada in another life and could use some obvious updating. This location served its purpose as it was close to the airport, offered a great breakfast and stay and park option that was affordable for the week I was on vacation. The shuttle driver was very helplful and courteous. If there were more updates, I would generously rate this a 3 star. Service all around was very good. We called when we were leaving the plane and were met outside by the time we reached the airport exit. Literally 5 minutes away from door to door. Food selection was more than adequate. I would rate the food similar to a 3 star hotel. Thanks.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. I do appreciate you sharing the positive comment about the staff and shuttle service. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.
585-464-8800

Been to Quality Inn Rochester Airport? Share your experiences!