“A find in "The Flour/Flower" City” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: East Avenue
Description: Comfortable, casual, bistro serving fresh fish, steaks, and pasta. Picked by reader's of the Democrat & Chronicle as Rochester's Choice for best fine dining restaurant 4 years running.
Long Island, New York
“A find in "The Flour/Flower" City”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Restaurant 2 Vine is a dining highlight in Rochester (NY). A nice, varied menu with lots of meat dishes which include pork and lamb chops, chicken and a terrific sausage appetizer. I was surprised that this traditional American Fare restaurant presented a tasty tagliatelle dish. Also, the endive salad was first rate. Indoor and outdoor dining, good service, good food and a well rounded beverage menu make for a nice evening. Food can be a tad on the pricey side but I think it's worth a try.

Elk Rapids, Michigan
“Nice but Overpriced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I have been to 2 vine twice and have yet to try anything outstanding. Yes, the food is good, but it is not what I expect for the price. The last time I went to 2 vine, I went with three other people. We made a reservation two weeks in advance, yet were seated at a cramped table in a corner that had barely enough room for any of us to get through to our seats. I had the gnocchi. It was fine, but probably did not cost them anywhere near as much to make as they charged for it. Two of the people I went with had the steak, which they agreed was fine, but overpriced. One person had the liver, which he actually enjoyed. Overall, we came to the conclusion that it was a nice place, but fairly overrated and probably not worth the money.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Airplane food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

I have eaten at 2Vine three years in a row while visiting my son for parents weekend.This year was a total disaster.We were seated at the bar area when there were emty tables all over the restaurant. It was extremely loud and I couldnt hear my son across the table. The waitress got my drink order wrong and the bread they brought to the table was almost stale. My lobster ravioli was cold and tasteless. Something you would expect when you peel back the foil on airplane food. My sons pirk chop was super thin and just o.k. And icing on the cake was the 20% gratuity added to your bill. So not worth it.

New Mexico
“Friendly,efficient service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Four of us ate at 2 Vine tonight and had a very good meal. Some reviewers mentioned problems with the wait staff. However, Adrienne, our wait person, was friendly and helpful and checked back with us often to fill water glasses and offer any assistance we might need. Our only problem was finding the restaurant, which has no identifying sign, at least we couldn't see one!

Rochester
“food is always a 5”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Been coming to 2 Vine for 10 years about 4 or 5 times per year. The food over this time has always been a five. Tend to have the steak frites and the chicken cutlet or the fish ( sea bass or salmon or cod). Also have the flatbread or the pasta as a starter. Salads are very good as is the pate. (If you want a burger it is large and excellent) As I said the food is always excellent. The issue over time has always been the front end or the server. We have had over the last few months issues at the front end and the servers which make the reviews lower. Reservations that were 20-30 mins delayed where we sit and hope we get a table that night. Or servers with no personality. We have had about a year ago reservations that were to the nanosecond on time and servers who were our BFFs. It appears whoever is the latest front end manager drives the restaurant to be good or bad. Jerry the owner seems to circle the restaurant but basically smoozes with his buddies and does not watch what is really going on. 6 years ago we boycotted the restaurant for a year until we found out there was a new front end manager.So if you like really great food and can get past the front end issues. This is the place. BTW this is about the noisiest restaurant in Roch.

• Visited August 2012