“Disappointing” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Pleasantville, New York
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I was expecting better from a friend's recommendation. I went for lunch and as a diabetic I was hoping to find some healthy items on the menu. I was making this lunch my main meal. Everything was pasta & sandwiches. I went with the chicken francaise special. I asked if they could substitute veggies for the pasta and they said only for an additional price. This is the first time this has ever happened. They offered a bed of escarole for extra. It came swimming in liquid. It was just OK. The chicken was thickly battered. The soup was salty. They need to get with the program like most restaurants and provide more healthy items on their menu.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Greece, New York
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

After reading several good reviews, we decided to give this restaurant a try. The broiled haddock was very good....moist and with a nice flavor in the lemon wine sauce. However, that's the extent of what was good about dinner. My husband's white clam chowder was extremely bland. As for the side of penne with sauce....the sauce was like a canned tomato sauce, no seasoning or depth...not even as good as Ragu. The salad, billed as a mixture of iceberg and other lettuces was 99% iceberg - another disappointment. Think this is a once and done place for us.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sand Diego, CA
“Nice Sunday Buffet Brunch!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Our high school class had a farewell brunch here at the end of a reunion weekend. The service was good as was the food. I would suggest having carafes of coffee on the tables and serving the coffee in mugs rather than the old fashioned cups!!

Visited August 2013
Rochester, New York
“Wedding Reception Terrible !!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We have gone to Red Fedeles Brook House a few times in the past, and have always had a poor experience. One problem is that Red is always there, and caters to his friends and relatives, giving them preference over other customers. Once while waiting for a table for quite some time, some other people walked in the door, were greeted by Red and taken immediately to a table.
This time we attended a wedding receptionand things were no better than other experiences. People we crammed in like sardines at the tables. Most of the tables were long tables with 12 people elbow to elbow, with some people up against a wall, where they could not use both arms, since one was pinned against the wall. If someone in the middle had to get up, 5 or 6 people at the table had to get up and move out to allow the one person to get out. I'm sure it was beyond the fire code allowance for occupancy.
There was no appetizer table, so after waiting to get into the reception room "because it wasn't set up yet", we sat at our tables for 45 minutes and finally they brought something out to the tables !!! It was coffee ???? First thing on the table was coffee. It was amazing because later, much later, when they served the cake, there was no coffee served. With at least 160 people there, they finallset up "one" buffet table, yes "one". It took about an hour for all table to go through the buffet line. They finally served tossed salads to the tables. Salad of lots of lettuce, a few cherry tomatoes and not much else. There was about enough salad for 4 or 5 people served to a table of 12. When we asked for more, the waitress was accomodating, but had to go and make the salad herself, since the kitchen was no longer making salads. Then they brought thew bread .... what a joke ... cold, thinly slided italian bread that was no doubt brought from the local grocery store, bought in a bag. The buffet, was minimal in variety with "shaved roast beef in a cold ajus sauce, with no condiments like horseradish or mustard. Roasted potatoes diced like they were for breakfast. The pasta was floating in a "canned" tomatoe sauce that looked more like a soup, and that tto was cold. Terrible buffet .... what should have been hot, was cold and not of a good restaurant quality. If nothing else, it reminded my wife and I why we DON"T GO THERE for a meal.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Expected better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Getting seated at an off-peak time (8pm) made me think the wait staff would be quicker, yet I was mistaken. After 5 mins. of sitting and waiting for menus or some kind of greeting from a waitress, I had to go ask the front desk for service! This was not what I expected from a so-called popular restaurant. Once the waitress arrived, another 5mins. elapsed just to bring just our drinks. The décor and chairs were a bit outdated and the seats were not comfortable (hard bamboo-backed).A small basket of bread was brought for our party of 7 people. It went quickly. It wasn't replenished until quite later in the meal. My salad had mainly yellowed lettuce leaves, it was not as fresh as I expected. The room was large and open to all noise. A couple was singing live music at the bar area so that added to the noise. There were no children's menus offered to our family so I don't think they offered them. My $20 shrimp and pasta meal had 6 shrimp and no sauce, just buttery water atop my pasta. I did not feel the prices of the food reflected the quantity or quality of the food.If I had to eat out in Greece again, I would pick another restaurant. It was disappointing and I believe it's popularity is with the over 50 age group judging by the patrons that night.

• Visited July 2013