“eh.” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“eh.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I've been to Winfield Grill three times now, most recently last night for drinks and apps with a girlfriend. I had previously enjoyed the atmosphere, but I think there has been a decline in standards; new servers perhaps, new owner. Not sure.. but Winfield now feels like an Applebees. Went late on a Tuesday night, ordered nachos to share, buffalo chicken bites and a shrimp appetizer with bacon, spinach, fetz over rice. The server was apathetic, the food was boring and the music was SO LOUD. Not an enjoyable experience at all.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“The Winfield??”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

After reading reviews for this restaurant, we decided to try it for ourselves. My husband, his mom and I went for dinner early on a Thursday night. Even though the bar was busy, there were not that many patrons in the dining area. Service was lackluster and I can say that the best part of our meals were the salads. My husband's dinner arrived sloppily plated and barely warm. My mother in law's fish was also hardly warm and the fish wasn't even cooked through. We did complain about her dinner and they did take the charge off our bill but didn't offer a substitute menu choice. We also found the restaurant to be very noisy and it appeared the quality of service depended upon whether you were a regular or not. My husband and I may try the Winfield again but it will probably only be for a burger or "bar" food.

Visited July 2012
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Rochester has a lot of good sports bars and restaurants. Winfield is just average on prices, quality of food and on service. Nothing really spectaular about this place

Visited August 2012
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

A little loud for me now that I am getting older but the food was very good. Used to go there in my younger days every weekend and had a ball. Great drinking and partying bar/resturant

Visited March 2012
“needing a menu change”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

the new addition is nice, a great place to watch a game and have a cold one. The food is extremely average and the menu is in need of an update. I would rate the menu as something found during the 70's. Add progressive dishes, fusion items instead of the Americana-style dinners and you will see more people come to eat.

Visited March 2012