“Yummy noms on Park” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Charleston, SC
“Yummy noms on Park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Some friends and I recently stopped at Magnolia's for lunch. I was visiting from out of town and wanted eat a place that had great soups, salads, and sandwiches. Magnolia's definitely delivered on that.

Since it was a gorgeous day, we opted to sit outside. It couldn't have been a more perfect summer day in Upstate NY to sit outside and have lunch. The neighborhood is cute and seems like a great place to walk around. It made for some nice people watching.

We were seated immediately and our waitress was nice and attentive.

They have a half sandwich/salad/or soup combo that I really wanted to try, but it only applied to the basic deli sandwiches and I really wanted to try one of the specialty sandwiches (the Rising Sunflower). I was resigned just to get a bowl of soup, since i didn't want a whole sandwich, but the waitress said that it was easy to do a half Rising Sunflower since it wasn't a complicated sandwich, so I got what I wanted in the end :)

I also got the tomato, artichoke, and cheese soup with the baked crostinis. It was amazing. Probably one of the best soups I've ever had, and it was a generous cup (more than an actual cup of soup). I can't begin to think how large the bowl would have been. The Rising Sunflower did not disappoint either, but the soup was the most memorable. The sandwich was grilled perfectly and the bread had a nice crunch to it. I've never had sunflower bread before, but it was delicious. Nice and nutty.

My companions had full sandwiches, with a side. One partook in the special of the day which was a grilled buffalo chicken sandwich. The other had the Rising Sunflower as well. There were compliments all around and we all ate every morsel.

Any time I'm in Rochester, I would be delighted to return to Magnolia's.

Visited July 2013

Baltimore, Maryland
“Yum! Great easy casual fare.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

This was my first trip to Magnolia's, but my parents go a lot, and the last time my Mom was there, the President happened to stop in. :)

But the food is really good and the portions are really generous. I think they're known for their pizza b/c the menu says they'll serve them until they run out of dough, which makes me think that happens a lot. I got a half soup half salad and it was huge! The Caeser salad was really good, very bacony. Definitely great for lunch or if you're looking for a lighter dinner.

The really put the tables close together though, so its a bit tight in there.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, New York
“Bug in Birthday Girl's Sandwich”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

We ordered from Magnolia's for a birthday girl in our office. All of the food was delicious until we found a bug in the birthday girls sandwich. Not a fruit fly either - they happen. It was a cricket or some BIG bug. Bigger than a thumb nail. We wrote them on their website and have not yet received a response. Some of us were still considering eating there despite this, but have been disappointed with the lack of response by management.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Graniteville, South Carolina, United States
“Amazing food, dessert and service all in one place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stopped here for lunch with our son. It was crowded so we debated waiting. I am so glad we decided to wait for a table. We did not have to wait long and it was worth every second of the wait! My son and husband had soup and a sandwich. I had the University Sandwich. All of our meals were excellent. Even though we had to get to go boxes for our sandwiches, my son and I split a dessert! It was melt in your mouth delicious! The service was as good as the food! We will definitely be back the next time we are in Rochester!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Syracuse, New York
“eat what the President ate, you'll like it, yeah you will”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

The President is right, you have to try Magnolia's signature soup, I liked it and I think you will like it too. I also had the Park Ave. lunch sandwich, it was mad huge. I took half home to have during the football game later. Great, place, wine assortment, drafts, and bottles, but no bar. Rather there is a bakey. I was too full to even try to go for dessert and custom coffee. Just some heads up for you thinking about trying this great place. By now you are right in thinking this place has a line out the door, it does! Remember not to wait in the line go right to the front to get on the wait list. I made that mistake myself. On weather permitting days, eating out side is an option. I like to walk or take the bus (like the president did) I do that so I don't have to put up with the street parking. Well the President's bus just parked in front of Magnolia's during his lunch, nice to have status. Worst, I live in Rochester and didn't know about this place until the President stopped in for lunch on his way to Syracuse this past summer. Great web-site it matches the quality that is served at Magnolia's.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere