“Love the subs!” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
“Love the subs!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

From the bread to the meats I have never had a disappointment here and I have gone to several of their locations. Staff is friendly and they do move you through the line quickly.

Visited June 2012

89% Recommend
“yummy yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Great subs and fast service they really are one of the best

Visited April 2012
1,145 reviews 1,145 reviews
“Food was OK, service was HORRIBLE”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

First of all, I need to say that this review was for the DiBella's Sub Shop on East Avenue in the city. (There are more than one location.) This is normally a great place, and serves up some of the best subs in Rochester. But not tonight.

First, I got to the place rather late; about 8:15 PM. There was no line at all, so I walked up to the counter in front of a sub-maker, who didn't even look up at me. There were four people in back of the counter, and this was the "front guy." I stood there for at least two minutes, waiting for this gem of an employee to even acknowledge my presence, which he refused to do. He finally just turned and sauntered away, as though he was listening to some rap music in his head. (Please excuse my imagination, but that is exactly what he looked like he was doing.) I stood there in shock and amazement, but he was gone. Next, another customer came into the store, and another employee looked at him and said "May I help you?" I couldn't help but pipe up and say "is there any way that someone might like to take MY order?" That got some attention, and another employee finally decided that I was worth the trouble.

I ordered a roast beed sub on whole wheat, but they were out of anything that was whole grain, so I had it on a plain roll. Their rolls are actually quite good; you can't go wrong with the rolls that DiBellas makes, although I really do prefer whole wheat. Anyway, I asked for some horseradish on my sub, and I saw the sub-maker take a huge golfball-sized scoop and place it on the sub. No problem; I like a lot of horseradish. So later, as I was driving home and eating the sub in the car, (yeah, I know...you shouldn't eat and drive at the same time), I couldn't figure out why I couldn't tast the horseradish. Not at all....which was amazing for the amount that he put on the sub. Until I came to "The Bite." Yup - it turned out that the sub-maker had put that huge scoop of horseradish on the sub, but had never spread it around! So I got a massive mouthful of entirely horseradish!!!!! Yikes, I had to pull off the road and into a parking lot and wait for my nose and eyes to stop watering! Woo hoo! If I had clogged sinuses before, they're not anymore!

The rest of the sub was OK, although not up to their normal standards. I would still go back to this place, because I think that this was a deviation from their normally-good product. But one more experience like this will keep me away for a number of months. Or at least until the next time I have a sinus cold!

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, NY
“Subs!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Best subs ever. (Unfortunately, I'm trying to lose weight & this is not the place to do it)

Visited December 2011
Rochester, New York
“An old-time suyb place morphed into the 21st century”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

It not clear how they have made a major business (9+ locations in ROC) based just on subs, but they have the product is very good and reasonably priced.

Visited March 2012