“Excellent New Years Eve experience” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #467 of 1,126 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Sandwiches, Pizza & Pasta, Brasserie
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Café CiBon is a European style bistro featuring fine Italian influenced cuisine and located on Park Avenue in Rochester, New York. We consider ourselves to be a genuine Enoteca is primarily directed at giving visitors the possibility to taste wines at a reasonable fee. Café CiBon offers everything from toasted Panini sandwiches, Focaccia Pizza, and seasonal pasta dishes. We pride ourselves in providing an authentic, warm, and social atmosphere. Customers are welcome to read or socialize inside and outside the café while enjoying an espresso, cup of coffee or one of our delectable pastries and tarts. Our revolving wine and martini lists are unique and are available on a rotating basis.
new york
“Excellent New Years Eve experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We dine out frequently but rarely on NYE... because it usually isn't a great experience.. price fixe menu, crowds, sub-par service etc... WHAT A SURPRISE! We made reservations at Cibon for 7:30 on NYE and were seated promptly. There were only 2 of us and I would have loved the area by the window but understand that is for bigger parties.. we plan on coming back with friends! The restaurant was full but not packed and it was very comfortable. We were greeted by a young man who immediately brought us water and menus. Robin, the owner was our server and couldn't have been more gracious, friendly or informative. She explained every detail of the menu and suggested a delicious cheese/bread plate along with a bowl of warm olives. I was in heaven! We enjoyed this with an extremely difficult- to- find bottle of Murphy-Goode Pinot Noir! I have looked high and low for this and it is impossible to find in Rochester! The menu has something for everyone from pizzas, pannini, salad pastas to heartier entrees.
The entrees we selected were fantastic, my husband had the grilled lamb and I had the lobster fettucine special. EXCELLENT! We learned about Cibon, the chef and had a wonderful meal. Finished off the evening with an extremely moist and flavorful Orange olive oil cake and a glass of port for my hubby and a coffee with Grand Marnier for me.This restaurant reminded me of places we have visited in NYC but much friendlier! We will be back, with friends, for the comfy seat by the window!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
RobinB14607, Owner at Cafe Cibon, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Wow! Thank you for spending part of your New Year’s Eve with us & for your wonderfully kind words! We take great pride in providing a variety of delicious food options, great wines and top notch service for our customers; so we are very proud to learn that you were pleased with all we have to offer here at Café CiBon! Hope you'll visit us again soon……we’ll have a seat by the window for you! Sincerely, Robin.

Rochester, New York
“Very hit and miss!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I have only been here a few times and each time the service was lousy and food was tolerable. Server was not very pleasant. Sorry we came in right at first opening of lunch. I would suggest they have their staff come in a little earlier to set up or touch up from night before so as not to seem inconvenienced by patrons coming in. I may give it another try if I can bring myself to, hopefully it will change my review.

Visited March 2012
RobinB14607, Owner at Cafe Cibon, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for providing us with your feedback. It is certainly not acceptable for our customers to be treated poorly by our wait staff. Needless to say we are very discouraged to hear that this has happened to you on more than one occasion. Please accept our heartfelt apology. We can assure you that this will be addressed with our staff & remedied immediately. We do hope that you do give us another chance sometime to win you over & to prove to you that subpar service is not the norm here at Café CiBon. Sincerely, Robin.
Rochester, New York
“A feel for the big city”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Sitting at a hammered, copper topped table at Cibon, looking out onto Park Ave. reminds me a little of being in NYC. Too bad my friends and I were the only ones there on a recent Friday at lunch time. Our meal was good and very economical and the service was prompt and efficient. The only thing missing were other diners.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
RobinB14607, Owner at Cafe Cibon, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind review! We love hearing feedback from our customers & we are so happy to hear you enjoyed your experience with us! Hope you'll stop back by & see us again soon! Sincerely, Robin.
Angers, Pays de la Loire, France
“Delicious Sandwiches”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Cibon has excellent sandwiches and paninis that come with a fresh house made salad with a great house dressing.

Marietta, Georgia
“Excellent Lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

We had a fantastic lunch at one of the outdoor tables and loved it! The food and service was wonderful! Want to go back again soon.