“95th Birthday Celebration” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Webster, New York
“95th Birthday Celebration”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Dined at Michael's Valley Grill a couple weeks back to celebrate the family matriach's 95th birthday. Lois had read a review in the paper and decided she wanted to go and try it. She had even picked her meal from a downloaded menu her daughter gave her. It was lovely! The five of us had a round table with seating in an arched booth or chairs. Perfect for a wheelchair to fit. Everything is a la carte. But the portions are perfect. Having traveled around the world, and lived in major metro areas, I find getting a good meal in Rochester is far and few between. Michael's made me happy. My filet was done perfectly. Soup was hot and delicious. Dessert was just the perfect sweetness, not over the top. Every one was very pleased with their meal just the way it came. Service was impeccable. It is worth the extra money to get quality food and service. Can't wait to go back!

• Visited February 2013

Rochester, NY
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Maybe I am too much of a health nut to eat there, and I am also not the typical American, so I felt a little out of place. I walked into the restaurant and did not know where the reception was and it took 3 minutes before anyone talked to me, and the place was not busy. I ordered scallops on escarole with roasted red pepper, and the scallops were fine. But the escarole was dripping in garlic butter with a few red specks in it that must have accounted to one strip of a roasted red pepper. I give them the bread dip was tasty that came as an appetizer, and my company seemed happy with the steaks they ordered. Just not a place for me I guess. That is why I gave 2 stars instead of one. I suffered through too much fat and garlic for the rest of the night, although I did not finish my meal.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, New York
“LOVE Michael's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

This gem of a restaurant, nestled among storefronts in a small plaza, has become one of our favorite places to dine. We have been there several times, and have never been disappointed in anything.

The design of the dining room allows for intimate talk, or group conversation depending on where you are seated. The servers are very professional and attentive, but not intrusive. The food....oh, the FOOD!

Visited August 2012
Merritt Island, Florida
“They Make You Feel Like Family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We've been going to Michael's for a while now and each time we go, it's excellent. The food is always great. The menu has something for everyone. And the service is consistently top notch. You can't go wrong here, whether it's a casual dinner for two or a large group.

• Visited November 2012
Rochester, New York
“I LOVE THIS PLACE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Omg you have to try this place excellent food the bang bang shrimp is to die for Spicy Chipotle pasta it is so good that's what I ate they give you big servings every one in my party loved what they had so yes I recommend this place friendly atmosphere, great service, and most importantly great food what else can you ask for.

• Visited November 2012