“Phillips European, Rochester, NY” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 1,107 Restaurants in Rochester
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Phillips European, Rochester, NY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Phillips is an excellent restaurant with delicious food and fine service. The dessert choices were spectacular and we truly enjoyed our choice of the raspberry almond torte.

Visited December 2013

Rochester, New York, United States
“Desserts!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

I don't think anyone goes to Phillips for food. When I think Phillips I think dessert. I've never had anything but dessert here honestly because I've heard it's not very good. Review is for DESSERT ONLY!

Plenty of parking. Spacious seating area. Nice ambiance with an attempt to look "European" which is somewhat successful. As soon as you enter you see their showcase with all the desserts which look amazingly tempting. I've never encountered a wait for a table.

You will also notice some sugar free sweetener on sale which apparently is an invention of the owner. I've heard he's a dentist.

The waiters and waitresses are really nice and attentive 85% of the time. Once in a blue moon I will get someone who could use a smile on his/her face.

I really like some of their desserts and I don't like a few. The ones I've tried and have really enjoyed are the Raspberry Cheesecake, the Very Berry Cheesecake, Creme Brulee, Viennese Meringue Torte, Apple Pie and the Pecan Pie with ice cream. All of these are rich and full of flavor and will totally fulfill your sugary lust.

They could improve the quality of the vanilla ice cream they serve with their dessert however.

I am not a big fan of chocolate desserts to begin with so I haven't tried many but my friends enjoy them. The German Chocolate Torte was okay. The pecan cheesecake is good but I enjoy the fruity/berry cheesecakes more.

The fruit tart you can skip. You can also find better carrot cake at Wegmans.

They have a good selection of tea, coffee and hot chocolate.

Phillips is my to go place for dessert because of good service, delicious desserts, late hours (closed on Sunday though) and the ability to sit with my friends and keep talking and enjoying without feeling unwanted even though we've been occupying a table for hours.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nunda, New York
“Great Deserts!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

OMG - Phillips has the most amazing deserts I've had with lot's of variety. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this place! Personally, not a huge fan of their dining cuisine, but who needs to eat dinner when you can just go for desert

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Reno, Nevada
“A Favorite for Decades and for Good Reason”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We have taken groups here, had family gatherings and gone for special occasions as a couple. The service, presentation and food are always excellent. They have a full bar, a nice selection of wines and a variety of food on their menu...and their deserts are to die for!!!! Coupled with very reasonable prices and a pleasant atmosphere where you can have a conversation, it is always a great choice!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fort Myers, Florida
“Really good food and great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Came here with relatives for a nice lunch. Very nice atmosphere and if you make it past the pastry display you are a strong person. Their cakes are gorgeous and delicious too so bear that in mind when you order!
I had a Reuben that was served open faced and really tasty. My husband had the pesto chicken and loved it and his sister had a turkey wrap and took 1/2 home. Our server was Janet and her niece Jennifer works here too and they were both delightful.

Visited September 2013