“Good BBQ, great atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 1,126 Restaurants in Rochester
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Sandwiches, Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Dessert, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Ipswich, Massachusetts
“Good BBQ, great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We walked to the restaurant from our hotel and approaching it, we could smell the smokers and the BBQ. The atmosphere was lively. The drinks were plentiful. The food was quite good. My husband and I split a rack of ribs with sides and were very satisfied. We sat in a booth overlooking the river as it spilled over a dam, which was a very cool view.

Visited April 2013

Ithaca, New York
“Great food, wonderful service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Last Sunday I had dinner here with a Senior Group from Ithaca, NY. The food was excellent and the service was great. When I got home there was message on my land line phone from my son,that Dinosaur barbecue called him in Virginia to let me know that I left my cellphone there... I haven't even noticed that my cell phone was missing yet!!! I got in touch with D.B. asking that they throw it out. I had no way to get it back. They insisted that they will mail it back to me, no charge! It arrived with FedEx on Tuesday morning. I didn't have to buy a new one and learn new technology! the Rochester Dinosaur Barbecue is going to be forever in my heart for their graciousness and kindness. Great customer service. heartily recommended. .

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Good food, large portions, reasonable prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I'm not a Barbeque aficionado so I won't enter the debate over how good this barbeque is. While waiting I was told the brisket was to die for, but I didn't like it as good as the pulled pork or the ribs. What I can say is the ribs and pork were as tender and tasty as can be. I only go to Rochester once a year, but I'll be back next year. Don't know if they take reservations. Friday night the wait was about half an hour to get a table.

Lake Stevens, Washington
“Delicious BBQ in Rochester”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Co-workers and I walked to Dinosaur BBQ for lunch and the closer we got the wonderful smell of fresh BBQ filled the air. We knew it was going to be a meal! Sat in the bar area very relaxed and laid back. Service was fast and server very friendly. We all loved our lunch. I have to say the side of mac and cheese was the BEST I've ever had. Too bad Dinosaur is in Rochester because I won't be able to enjoy more meals when I return to Seattle...LOL. You will not be disappointed. In fact, maybe I can persuade my co-workers to return for lunch tomorrow and the day after and the day after!

Stoughton, Massachusetts
“Love It!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

After trying other locations, this is still one of our favorites - love the location and the ambience. The sauces are delicious - wango tango and garlic chipotle would be good served on an old boot. The deluxe fried green tomatoes we still talk about even after we have left. Can be a long wait at night and on weekends, but good local craft beer selection and the wait staff is pretty easy on the eyes :)