“Great Barbecue” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 1,095 restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Rochester, New York
“Great Barbecue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

There is always a huge crowd here whenever I've gone. I don't like wall to wall people - so I seldom go. But the barbecue is awesome and the music is usually great.

88% Recommend
Pittsford, New York
“One of our favorite places to eat in Rochester”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We love this place. Food is always good with generous portion sizes and unique side dishes. My daughter has even called ahead to ask if they will make a special dish (brisket taco salad) and they have always accommodated her! We take out of town gests here too, everyone has loved it!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Webster, New York
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

I went here for the first time Saturday, I was happily surprised that these people knew how to smoke meat, I had some of the best smoked brisket since I left Texas. After we ate I bought a lb of pulled pork, brisket and a half rack of ribs to go, every bit has been very well prepared. I would recommend this place to all.

San Francisco Bay Area
“You want BBQ? You want Dinosaur!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Had dinner with several colleague's. I believe there was about 12 of us. We had called ahead of time...and our table was waiting for us. Good thing we planned ahead....even on a cold winter night in the middle of the week, the place was busy!!

I've been to Dinosaur a few times. Never been disappointed.

The service is always excellent, which always amazes me with how busy the wait staff is, how busy the restaurant is, and just the general chaos that is going on. Yet....they are there, immediately getting drink orders, answering questions, bringing water without asking, and then when we asked about getting us started with appetizers to share...the suggestions and quantity were quickly resolved and bingo, we were off and running. Fantastic job to our waitress!!

I had their small sampler plate. Comes with Chicken, Ribs, Brisket and two sides. I had their Chili and the evening special of black eyed peas for my sides. Although it was the small plate...it was alot of food, still a bit to much for me. But was fantastic as always.

My favorite of the evening was either chicken wing appetizers, or the chili. They were awesome. Everything was good....but the chick wings were fantastic. Nice and crunchy on the outside.

Dinosaur also has a tremendous variety of craft beers. More than you can easily choose from, and most are on tap. AWesome!!!

And...when the bill came, the awesome waitress made sure I knew that they had already thrown the gratuity on the bill, given the size of the group. I always appreciate when this is pointed out. Great value for the money....no question!!!

Parking on the street can be a challenge...but there is a public garage kitty corner to the restaurant. Easy to park there, and quickly walk over. Nicely lit...no issue.

If your in town....go get your Dinosaur!!

ps...the only reason I rated it poor for business meetings....if you want to easily talk, and have some focus around the table for business....well it's pretty noisy here. Our large group had superb discussions....and they handled all of us very well. But...if we had planned on a real business dinner....I'd have gone somewhere else.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Marietta, Georgia
“Awesome "que"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This place is a great place for bbq. Located downtown in an old railroad depot, it is a cool looking place. Always crowded with locals and visitors alike. Great food and one of the few places up north you can get sweet tea.

• Visited October 2012