“Lived up to the hype” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 990 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We have the best New York pizza you will find in Rochester. We have been serving downtown for 30 years. We have many specialty pizzas , I suggest you give them a try.
“Lived up to the hype”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

Recently went to the pizza stop for the first time and ordered a large cheese and have to say the pizza lived up to the hype. I keep on hearing about this place from my friends about how its the real deal and after this visit I have to agree. Keep up the god work!

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Rochester, New York
“The Only NY Pizza In Rochester”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

I recently moved up here from NY and stoped eating pizza mainly because the pizza in Rochester is far from what I'm use to. A friend of mine told to try the Pizza Stop, so I did. Let me just say I was transported back home. The feel of the store and the taste of the pizza was perfect, I am now telling all my friends to go there. If your from NY or just want the real thing go to the Pizza Stop downtown. If you want to try something different try the meatball parm or the spinach ricotta and artichoke pizzas, they will blow you away.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“My Favorite..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

In a city with literally hundreds of pizza shops Pizza Stop is my favorite by a wide margin. Every pizza fan knows the crust is the key to pizza happiness and these folks know how to do it right (for my taste). Thin and crisp on the bottom, not burnt, and foldable because folding is the correct and proper way to eat your slice. Really, it's in all the etiquette books! If you like NYC style pies I highly recommend trying Pizza Stop.

• Visited January 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“NYC Style Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

Not many places in the Rochester area offer NYC style pizza - thin crust slices that you can fold over which drip with some oil. Pizza Stop and Joe's Brooklyn Pizza in Henrietta (owned by another family member) are the only two we have found. We love their traditional cheese as well as their white pizzas.

Greece, New York, United States
“Best lunch spot in Rochester, NY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012