“Lunch” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Rochester, New York
“Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

02/13/2014 ~ Group of three guys ~ Lunch / 2 Burgers an 1 Fish.
The waitress was wonderful. Her name was Sarah. She was very friendly, very polite and very attentive to our table. I would recommend the restaurant for lunch an ask for her as your waitress. I hope the restaurant has more people working there that are as nice as she was.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Aberdeen, Maryland
“Fabulous Food & Great Service (Ryann)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

I was on business in Rochester and I noticed this restaurant on the way to my hotel. I assumed it was a craft brewery type of place but not the case. It calls itself a family sports bar.

I was very surprised with the quality of the food, I had the Salmon, and the suggestions by the waitress Ryann. She was very helpful and answered my questions about the area and the menu.
She had lots of energy and apparently enjoyed her job.

I highly recommend this place for families and business travel, I would go there again if I come back to town for business.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, New York, United States
“Really noisy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

The Distillery chain is the favorite of my husband's two sons, so we actually go there a fair amount, and the food is not bad, but it's salty, there's a lot of savory mixed with sweet dishes, which don't like and most of all it's loud, which makes having conversations difficult.

I sometimes wonder if that's why they like it. It's definitely more for 'millennials" than people in their 50s like us.

I'm picking a random date, because we've been there many times.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“My freaking drink”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

So we traveled back home from Hilton Head, SC a full 16 hour trip and all we wanted was a drink and something fast to eat. The distillery is right around the corner from the house so we stopped. I drink CC rocks and it came in that small glass with ice. Ate dinner nothing to rave about. We paid and paid quick to get home. On the way out, I was looking at the bill and my drink said CC 4.25. Underneath it there was a charge CC ice 2.75. WAIT WHAT? So I stop the waiter and and asked and he said well when you have straight booze we give you like 3 shots so there is an up charge. What? I asked for CC rocks. Not a double not a triple and I am not paying for ice!! Seriously, you could not fit 3 shots with ice in that stupid glass. Just charge me 7 bucks give me a manhattan glass and there will be no moaning!!! BTW I emailed them and no response... Enough said??

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, New York
“Snowy Saturday Night postgame with friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I came to the Distillery last Saturday night after an awesome Rochester Lancers game.

I was surprised to learn that the players, coaching staff, and cheerleaders came to this Distillery after every home game at Blue Cross Arena.

My waitress was Kalie and she was very polite and served my party in a timely fashion. The restaurant was cozy with all the natural hardwood and festive holiday lights.

I look forward to returning after my next Rochester Lancers game and having a meal.

• Visited December 2013