“High prices and Incredibly long wait etc etc” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mario's Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #76 of 989 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: I-590
Transit: RTS Bus #7, within 400 feet
Description: Experience a true taste of Italy tonight. Voted Rochester's best Italian Restaurant and Rochester's best brunch. At Mario's you are not just a customer, you are our special guest.
Rochester, New York
“High prices and Incredibly long wait etc etc”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I dined here with my family recently and found the experience to be disappointing. We were actually one of the fortunate ones to be able to be seated realitively quickly (about 15 min on a Tuesday). compared to the folks waiting at the bar to be seated with an hour long wait The waitress was fantastic and made sure that our drinks were filled on a regular basis!
So now the not so great review... First, the menu selection is super small. 9 appetizers, 13 dishes and several steak selections. Meals are $14.95 to $32.50 and steak at $26-$79. Actually, after waiting for 20 min for the waitress to come back, I had ample time to study the menu. After going online, I found that the menu that I saw at the resturant versus the menu online was missing every single steak selection and the burger selection. Really???
Anyways.. I ordered the meatball and spagetti and others had the Tour of Italy and Chicken French. My kids had some items off their childrens menu.
So we ordered and we waited... and we waited... and we waited some more... first 15 min for the salads (a la carte) and then another 45 minutes later our food came. It was a pleasurable experience waiting for so long with children... But hey.. they are busy right?
The food: Giant meatball on spagetti.. very routine and avg.. tour of italy.. avg as well.. run of the mill baked chicken parm, fettucinne alfredo, and meat lasagne with way more ricotta than meat.
I guess I was upset with the long waits, the avg food, the fact that I only saw 3/4 of the menu and all of the hype with this restaurant. Total meal cost for 2 adult and two children $82.87... regretably we wont be going back...

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bill B, General Manager at Mario's Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Hello, Thank you for your feedback in regards to your last visit with us on Tuesday August 27th. We wish to extend to you an invitation to visit us again and experience what Rochester and our surrounding communities have enjoyed for so long. That evening was extremely busy for a Tuesday night, and while we did have many successes that night we clearly missed the mark with your dining experience. If you find it appropriate, may I ask you to email me your address so that I may forward you an offer to join us again? I look forward to your response. Thank you!
Bill - bill.mariosit@gmail.com

“Yuck!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My husband & I ate here before & it was nice, so when we returned to Rochester we planned another visit. I will not be returning again.
It was only when we were half way through our meal & another couple who were seated next to us, did we realise what the specials were. Our waitress failed to even mention specials, to us. We ordered & shared a artisan 'cheese sticks'. The cheese was not melted or even soft in the middle . They were incredibly salty as was our whole meal.
I had the 'Jail Island Salmon'. It had very little flavour except for the SALT that smothered the whole plate. It was so overseasoned. The lobster tail was tiny, overcooked & rubbery.
My husband wanted his steak 'filet mignon' medium, but it too was overcooked & was medium well. The desert I had was a meringue nest, it was ok, nothing special.
I was soooo disappointed in our return to this establisment. I will never go back again.
Just to add that our waitress was overly attentive. She refilled our water glasses eleven times throught out the meal. Continuing to refill them even after we had asked here to leave them & telling her that we would fill them ourselves. We were also serenaged with ' Yourrrr Welccooommmmeeee' 38 times, throughout our meal which only lasted an hour & a half.
It has since become a running joke with my husband & I and we now draw it out to four seconds (just like our waitress did). It is easily the most memorable thing about our whole experience here.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Niagara Falls
“Great Sunday Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

There is a tremendous variety at their Sunday brunch. All the food is very good and the omelet station is super.

Visited May 2013
Weedsport, New York
“Excellent Sunday Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Mario's has one of the best Sunday brunches I have ever been to. Always 3 meats at carving station, delicious pasta dishes and good dessert selections. Seating can be a bit tight depending on where you are seated, but not a big deal. We go as a party of 5 or 6 and everyone leaves more than satisfied.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, New York
“Great for Gluten-Free”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Went to Mario's on May 25 on a spur of the moment outing. I saw that they had gluten free pasta and being a recently diagnosed celiac, was anxious to try it. I've always had fabulous meals at Mario's and so I was quite optimistic. I had penne with melted mozzarella, and it was the first meal out that I've had that felt like I was out to dinner. The great taste of their sauce, along with the Heartland brand of pasta was delicious. The only thing that was missing was some bread, and they told me that they are working on getting gluten free rolls/bread. Once they have that it will be a 5 circle rating!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bill B, General Manager at Mario's Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. You would be happy to hear that we now have Gluten Free Bread and now feature our popular Steak Crostini and Bruschetta appetizers as Gluten Free options!