“delish!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #85 of 1,015 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Veneto is a casual dining restaurant located in downtown Rochester's East End district. For 13 years, we've specialized in from-scratch, light Italian food in an old world atmosphere. Our atmosphere is upscale, yet casual. The kitchen is our centerpiece, as it should be, and set up so that you may watch your meals being prepared right in front of you. The exposed brick in our 150+ year old building and wood furniture provides a warmth and if that's not enough, the wood fired pizza oven reaches 600 degrees. We'd be honored if you would dine with us and let the food, service, and ambiance speak for itself.Our Signature offerings include wood-fired pizzas and hand-made pastas.
“delish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Highly recommend the mushroom pizza!!! absolutely delicious! ....craving it now! :)
A popular restaurant so be prepared to wait on the weekends or be sure you call ahead! You can sit at the bar, but I've found that the service is not that great at the bar as they are usually waiting on tables as well.

• 3 of 5 stars

Rochester, New York
“a treasure in the heart of the city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Great location, free parking on Union Street, good menu, great service, good value. My wife and my favorite restaurant in Rochester

• Visited December 2012
Rochester, New York
“Great location and Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

My husband and I started going to Veneto back when it first opened and was in a space smaller than the current kitchen. It was our favorite hide-out - good food, good wine and great staff. Then we moved out of the city and had a harder time getting downtown. Just went back tonight after a couple of years away - it's expanded but the food is just as wonderful. My favorite is the proscuitto wrapped mozzarella appetizer that's baked in the oven. I also love the Greek pizza although I switch out the artichokes. Pizzas are light on the crust, with a great flavor and not charred - really delicious. We all loved our pizzas. I didn't get to try a pasta dish this time, but will be back for that.

• 4 of 5 stars
Rochester, New York
“Great food and fast service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Veneto is one of my wife and my favorite restaurants. I love a good vodka sauce and there's is the best I've had.

Visited October 2012
Rochester, NY
“Date night on East Ave.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

11/3/12-First of all, know that we get exceptionally few date nights, having a 3 year old boy and 1 year old girl, just going out is a treat, period. That said, we LOVED Veneto.
I rarely eat meat, but Veneto has rib eye steaks from cows who formally lived on a free range, no antibiotic, no growth hormone farm in Kentucky. The steak was quite exceptional. The wine suggestions from the waitress were perfect. I had a Greg Norman Red, my wife had a organic Chardonnay. We were in food paradise. The mashed potatoes had something different in them, blue cheese perhaps. They were tasty and calorific!
This restaurant is walking distance from the Little Theatre, which is why we went here in the first place. Parking CAN suck, but we got there early and parked directly in front of the theatre.
Cons- the price is steep. This is to be expected at such a place (on East Ave.) but still, without appetizers, dessert, nor coffee afterwards, I think $80 was a bit much. ($90 with tip).
The real question: Would I go back? YES- it's hard to find organic steak in Rochester. This place was top notch, but I'd probably reserve it for a special occasion due to the high cost of food.

• 3 of 5 stars