“Fun place! I'm definitely going back as often as I can!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Rochester, New York
“Fun place! I'm definitely going back as often as I can!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

A friend and I went here for dinner and really enjoyed ourselves. We chose to sit at the bar, because it was about 6:00 on a Saturday night and we were told there would be a 35 minute wait for a table. We wanted to be back home for the Syracuse-Michigan NCAA game (we're still bummed that Syracuse lost), We enjoyed the ambiance and my friend enjoyed the beer (I'm not a beer drinker); he was shocked that flights were priced so inexpensively! I'm glad we chose to sit at the bar, because it took about 30-40 minutes for our food to arrive (this is our only quibble; had we waited for a table, it would have been about an hour wait before we were able to eat). I know they were busy, but still, this seemed a bit too slow. This slowness won't keep us from going back, though.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

charlotte, nc
“Fun place to hang out in Rochester!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

What a great addition to the area! The Brew House has great views of High Falls and even better beer prices! I visited the Brew House in March and as typical in Rochester, it was cold and snowy so I didn't get to sit out on the deck or on the roof top. However, I am definitely looking forward to visiting the Brew House in the summer and enjoying a cold one out on the deck.

I had the beef on weck, and while it was good, it was a little dry. The beer was fresh and cheap and the atmosphere was great! I will definitely be back when visiting Rochester.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wilmington, DE
“Great Place for a Variety of Brews!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I loved the small museum and tasting bar on the first floor. Upstairs is the main restaurant. The food is fine, nothing really exceptional, mostly bar food consisting of appetizers and sandwiches/burgers (make sure, though, you get the stick pretzels with cheese dipping sauce!), but the beer was exceptional. They have some of the best micro-brew porter I've had in a long time --three different kinds! The vanilla porter was my favorite. I like that they offer a four-glass flight of any kind of beer/ale you want, so you can sample and compare. And the view of the falls is very nice. I'm definitely going back.

Visited February 2013
Rochester, NY
“Good Show”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The Brew House is located right over the Falls of the Genesee River. While falling short of Niagara by a few feet, it is nonetheless an impressive cataract and the Brew House is a welcome addition to the tourist scene at High Falls.

Considering that this restaurant is run by a brewery, the food is actually quite good. We had the Beef on Wick sandwich. $9. The salt bun was good and the beef extraordinary. It was served with horseradish sauce and beef broth in paper baskets. The oatmeal stout I ordered was extraordinary, a surprise considering that Jenny has always been considered a basic beer. Genesee has done a nice job with the Brew House.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rochester, New York
“Potential For Greatness - Minor Improvements Needed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

GBH has the potential to become one of the all-time great locations in Rochester. Great views, reasonable priced beer, and a fun store/museum type thing -- it is all there.

One area they need to improve on is the delivery of their food. The menu is pretty limited, even for your standard bar fare. You wouldn't expect basic lunch orders to take 30 to 45 minutes for delivery but it did. So, once you iron out this technicality, it will become one of the best places to be.

So please visit Genesee Brew House -- well worth it, just go there when you have some time to burn though.

• Visited December 2012