“Good Food but Noisey” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Flushing, Michigan
“Good Food but Noisey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We had a group of eight and were seated at our reservation time. The server did a nice job. Service was a little slow, but they were very busy. The appetizers were enough for a meal by themselves. We then enjoyed good main courses. My concern was the noise level. But I think this was planned for the younger crowd.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

95% Recommend
Rochester, New York
“Great for many reasons!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Perfect for a casual night (drinks and apps) or to celebrate a special event ($40 for a filet, but, worth it). Love to sit at the chef's table or outside to enjoy the view. Best arancini and cannolis in town - and I have tried many!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rochester, New York
“Great Food and "upbeat" atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Great food and staff are attentive but music and crowd noise can be loud at night, lunches quieter and a great view of the best of Rochester's Genesee River. We really enjoy eating at chef's table and they have some really great menu items!

“Valentine's Date Hit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

It's hard to give a restaurant a full 5 stars unless it is over the top in every area. For me, because Tony D's is closer to a 5 than a 4, I tip my rating up instead of back. We made Tony D's our Valentine date destination this year, and we were not sorry at all. We got there early, anticipating a wait, as they don't take reservations (at least for 2 guests). They actually gave us the choice of being seated right away, or having a drink at the bar first, and then being seated. I appreciated the choice. The food was excellent, and through the suggestion of some friends, we tried their appetizer meatballs. Oh. My. Gosh. They are truly the real deal. Our wait person, a very personable young woman, told us that it took her one year to get up the courage to try the meatballs there. According to her, "no one would come close to making meatballs like my Gram." Apparently they did come close ("as good or better!" she said). If you do order them, be advised, they are HUGE. My husband and I agreed that next time, we might just split a salad and order of meatballs (2 meatballs per order), and we will be satisfied. The wood fired pizzas are really REALLY good, and we have tried most of the wood-fired pizza places in the area. I would put them up there with the best (Gatehouse is good too!).Back to the service. We asked our waitress if she minded if we lingered over drinks first, and then ordered. She was perfect with her timing. Basically, everything we asked for was not only granted, but added to....We received a complimentary after-dinner drink (like an ice wine). Okay - so food, service, oh yeah, location - you can't get better than the river/downtown view of Cornhill Landing. Good job, Tony D's. We hope you stay the course.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pasadena, California
“Worth the wait!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

When I was planning my trip to Rochester (from California) & looking for a restaurant (using Trip Advisor) to take a friend to who was driving from Buffalo, I chose Tony D's based on the name, which had "sentimental value" to my friend & I (long story involving a 70's teen idol). I knew, when when we arrived & there was a 1/2 hr wait at noon on a Friday, I had made a good choice! The food (2 of us had pizzas; the third had the special hamburger of the day), ambiance, view & waitress were all outstanding, which was icing on the cake for a reunion of friends who hadn't seen each other in over 35 years!

Visited February 2013