“Upscale Dining & Food without having to take out a loan” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #139 of 1,108 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American, Bistro
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: A modern American bistro, the restaurant has a hip, cool vibe with an amazing menu. A newly refashioned bar invites you to sit comfortably and enjoy one of Zeppa’s seasonal signature cocktails or chose from an impressive collection of beers and wines.​In addition to the restaurant, Zeppa offers alternative dining areas that can accommodate parties up to 47 guests for catering, private parties and business meetings. These areas feature a separate entrance and restroom.The Zeppa Auditorium, located upstairs from the dining area, is available to hold large events—be it a concert, private wedding reception, party, large meeting or dinner.
Fairport NY
“Upscale Dining & Food without having to take out a loan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

The food was wonderful. And I am so glad that this restaurant is in our own backyard so to speak.

We started off with the Fennel Sausage sliders. I am not a big fan of sausage but this was worth it. We told our server that they should put this on the menu as an entree instead of an appetizer. My husband and I both had steak. He had a ribeye and I had a filet. Both were grilled to perfection and tender. The crispy polenta is very interesting. It wasn't for me but my husband loved it. The service is the type that you would receive at an upscale restaurant. And the best part is with drinks and appetizers we didn't break the bank. We will definitely be back and if you are ever in Rochester,NY definitely make the time to to dine at Zeppa.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Spencerport, New York
“Rochester's Best Kept Secret”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

.......but not for long! What a delightful Bistro we came across in our city for dinner. We truly enjoyed the work that has been put into making this eatery an upscale dining experience. The staff exemplifies the traditions of fine dining without crossing over into the stuffier side of things. The bartender anticipated our every needs.

We had the pleasure of the following items while dining with them. App was the sausage sliders. They were amazing yummy. I do not usually go ga-ga over an app but this one was well done in flavor, texture, and presentation. Moved the bar right up as we awaited our chosen main courses. I chose scallops directly off the menu and was not disappointed, the serving size was perfect as also was the taste and appearance. My husband chose the pork chop special of the evening. Boy was I glad he did. They were stupendious. We are definately going to tell our friends/coworkers etc, and definately going back!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rochester
“very good to excellent with an interesting menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

We decided to try a new restaurant rather than the usual ones. Was going to Mise en place which is owned by Zeppa (or vice versa) but decided to get a little more formal which is Zeppa. Menu and daily specials were very interesting. Started with the pulled mozzerella salad which was fresh and delicious. We also has a special chopped salad. (Asked for it with out bacon but came out with it. It was repalced right away). For mains had the angel hair pasta with Chicken very good and the Chicken cutlet (milanese) which was very good as well. Short wine list but good. Only problem is wine we wanted was out of stock. Service was good and prompt. Wine poured for us which is what service should be.
Except for one item all mains are about 20 -30.
Only issue why not really a 5 is that the room is cold. Not temperature but feel. White marble floors with wood beams. Tables are far apart (good) but the feel of the space is cold.
Definitely go back, food and service overwhelm the feel.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rochester NY
“Polished in every way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

I met a friend at this fairly new restaurant last night. The neighborhood is looking very vibrant, increasingly upscale. Parking is easy, building is inviting, with every brick pointed and wood and brass inside sparkling. Even the ladies' room was completely polished. Young, attractive, professional staff is attentive but never intrusive. Even the lady who took my reservation on the phone made me feel important as a customer. We shared the bibb salad, delicious. Halibut special entree was very good, pork not so much. Presentations are impressive. I will be back.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fort Collins, Colorado
“New Upscale Bistro”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

We went last evening to take advantage of the Crave Local Restaurants promotion and thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. My bibb lettuce salad was bold, topped with smoky bacon lardons and high-quality blue cheese dressing. My wife's roasted beet salad was a bit more delicate with the goat cheese giving it just the right tang. My braised short ribs were tender and flavorful with garlicy sauteed spinich and crispy fried polenta sticks on the side. The polenta was very light and must have had whipped egg whites folded in. My wife's pork shoulder was succulent but the sweet potato gratin stole the show with its butter and cheese. Portions were generous and plating was simple. We had the apple/strawberry/pear crisp for dessert, and the fig gelato on top was divine. Regular prices are definately upscale, but the promotion was a great deal. We found the room noisy, with little to absorb the sound from several large parties nearby. If we were being picky we might say the sauce on my beef was overly salty and the crisp could have been a bit more crisp, but overall the meal was excellent. Service was prompt and personable. We will definately be back!

• Visited April 2012