“Love it! Love it! Love it!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 13 Shopping in Rochester
Type: Art Galleries, Shopping
Grand Cayman
6 attraction reviews
“Love it! Love it! Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This incredibly unique space is a hidden gem. It is a massive WWI munitions factory turned art museum and banquet space. Its the home of literally thousands of pieces of art from all different mediums. Some are for sale some are not. Some you can play with and touch and some you may not. It has themed rooms such as the Frank Lloyd Wright Room, the Billiard Hall, 50's Ice Cream Parlor, and the Firehouse! We held our rehearsal dinner there and our friends and family also fell in love with it. Pay it a visit and by all means become a member and support the arts in Rochester!

Visited August 2012

Pittstown, New Jersey
31 attraction reviews
“A totally original experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have never visited a place quite like this. Original art hanging in every space of this warehouse. A great place to hold an event. They bring in local catering. At the event I attended we all created original art paintings. Very fun night.

Visited March 2013
Rochester NY
“We Love This Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We visited on a wintry afternoon, and as always, agreed we just have to come more often. Whether you're looking straight ahead, left, right, or up, there's something absolutely amazing to see. Much of the art is of gallery or museum quality, while lots is campy antiques and collectibles. (The old dental suite? The taxidermied giraffe and fighting lions?) I could easily spend a great many hours looking much more closely at everything.

Artisan Works makes much of its money from events. Even though I have no events in my future, I want to book it just so I can wander around with friends and a glass of wine to marvel at everything, to point, to laugh, to admire.

You've got to go!

Visited February 2013
Rochester, New York
15 attraction reviews
“Excellent Place for a getaway from the real world”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Great place to explore others' art. There are many different kinds all in a completely unconventional manner- IT ROCKS! No stuffy art museum feelings here!

Visited December 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
6 attraction reviews
“Wish we had something like this in Phx.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

So glad we visited Artisan Works. It has an overwhelming display of all types of art, all over the place. Truly a must see if you visit Rochester. It is an art gallery and more, so much more enjoyable than a typical art museum. I saw many things I liked from artists I had never seen before. Their web site does not really convey what a fun place this is.

Visited October 2012