“Scariest thing that ever happened to me.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Rochester Airport

You added Motel 6 Rochester Airport to your Saves list
Motel 6 Rochester Airport
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   155 Buell Road, I-90 at Exit #46/I-390 at Exit #19, Rochester, NY 14624   |
Ranked #30 of 32 Hotels in Rochester
Boulder, Colorado
“Scariest thing that ever happened to me.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

I was arriving late in Rochester and leaving my hotel to fly back to Boulder at 3:30 am. I just needed a quick, close stop to sleep for a few hours before I traveled again. I was traveling alone at that point. I booked the room based on Kayak reviews and also it not having a presence on the bed bug registry (I'm a little unhinged when it comes to possible infestations of any kind). I'd never been to Rochester and wanted something super close and convenient to the airport, clean, no frills, etc. because I really needed just the bed. I arrived and checked in just fine/paid for my room. I found my way to it through a series of long empty halls on the second floor. The room was fine, pretty much what I expected...clean and basic. I unpacked the few things I would need for early morning and sat down on the bed and turned on the weather channel. About five minutes later, the room phone rang. I picked it up and the voice on the other end said, "This is the front desk. Do you need your room serviced?" I said I didn't and he asked if I was sure. I said I was and hung up. The room was a little dusty and I thought maybe it had been unoccupied for a stretch since I didn't see another soul on the whole second floor. I didn't give the phone call a second thought until a few minutes later when the room phone rang again. I picked it up and the same voice said, "This is the front desk and we need you to come down here." I asked why and he said, "You just need to come down here right now." My mind raced from maybe there was a fire or a death at home or my rental car got hit. The head covered a lot of possibilities quickly. Not understanding and starting to freak out a little bit, I asked what this pertained to and he said, "Ma'am, you need to get down here now." I was confused and stumbling and said something about being in the middle of something, so could I come down in 15 minutes. He said, "No. You need to come now. You didn't pay for your room and if you don't come down here now, the police are going to take you." I was shaking at this point and asked, "Take me where?" He said, "Into custody." I said, "What for?" and again he said, "You didn't pay for your room." I was very upset and nervous about what was going on and insisted I did pay when I checked in and that he was standing right there when I slid my card and had it approved. I also told him that I have text alerts for all transactions from my bank and that I got one immediately when I swiped my card, plus I had my receipt sitting right in front of me. He said, "You didn't pay and if you don't come down here right now, the police are coming up to get you." I said to please send them because I didn't understand what is going on and hung up. I immediately used my cell to call 911 and told the dispatcher what went down. He told me to lock the deadbolt and stay in my room. He said no police were in the lobby and that someone was either trying to lure me into the hall to do me harm or trying to get me out of my room and downstairs in order to get into my room and rob me. I was absolutely terrified all alone in that room waiting for the police to arrive. They came and flashed their badges through the peephole. I let them in and told them what happened. They reiterated what the dispatcher told me and told me they would escort me to the front desk to get a refund and leave. We got downstairs and after hearing my story, the front desk guy said he never called my room, refunded my money, and apologized somewhat. The police led me to a Holiday Inn filled with families where I got a room a few yards from the front desk. I felt safe in the room, but with all of the adrenaline raging, still not safe in my person, so no sleep was had.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
6Team, Brand Experience Team member at Motel 6 Rochester Airport, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your concerns. Please know the issues you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. Your experience is atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality and we regret you had to endure such an unsettling event. We strongly encourage you to contact our Guest Relations at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your experience, further address your stay, and help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Picked due to proximity to airport and price after a week long tour of upstate NY and Ontario. Will not stay again. Linen was not cleaned/changed (pubic hair/fecal stains), towels were not clean/fresh (long hair). Tom, in addition to leaving the light on, please have your staff properly clean and service the rooms.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Having stayed at many Motel 6 locations throughout the US, the people there, particularly working the front desk are great! They are personable, caring, empathetic and very helpful. For my money the People are second to none! For the low cost, you can't do better!

Room Tip: Definately a non-smoking room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Frankfort, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

This place is an absolute dump! I went by the Motel 6 name and took a chance on this place. My non-smoking room smelled like smoke, cigarette burns in the bedding, barking dogs in the hallway along with people yelling in the hallway in the middle of the night. I just wanted to have a place to sleep before an early flight. I would have been better off sleeping in my car.

Room Tip: sleep in the airport before you sleep here!!!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
rome n
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

When I travel I usually stay at a Motel6 they are everywhere and it means I can spend money on having fun someplace else. It used to be a comfy place to settle in for the night after a day of sightseeing or shopping. Not anymore, there is no longer a fridge and microwave in every room, no carpeting and the bright orange! It is uncomfortable, no table to eat at if you bring food back to the room. For $10-$15.00 more I can stay someplace else and be more comfortable and still yep..have money to spend on the fun stuff!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

The room that I got was renovated; clean, nice floors (laminate), and fairly clean bathroom. Just had to spend there 1 night and continue on my way the next day, so no issues. Check-in could have been faster as there were 2 people at the desk and one of them were “stuck” with another customer. The 2nd person just left to do something else so I had to wait for the other member to finally check me in.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Plymouth, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Despite the location near highways and airport, this updated Motel 6 is QUIET, clean, very friendly staff, and great morning coffee! Kudos to Motel 6 for their upgrades and cleanliness !
Don't hesitate to stop at this newly re-done, pet friendly motel !

Room Tip: Pet friendly !
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Rochester Airport? Share your experiences!