“Great experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Rochester, NY
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012 via mobile

My family and I have been here a few times and we have thoroughly enjoyed it. Our latest trip allowed me to try one of their larger dinners, so I was able to Get a good sampling of all their authentic food. The prices are very reasonable and their complimentary chips and salsa are great. Our server was excellent and was extremely nice and welcoming to us, including our young child. Well done, we will be back for sure!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Rochester, New York, United States
“NOW this is MEXICAN!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

Want to visit Mexico without leaving NYS, visit Los Gallos for authentic Mexican cuisine. After 15 years being in Texas, I felt like I was back home as soon as I walked in. Staff is friendly and polite. Decor is festive and the flavors in everything are a perfect blend. Salsa was fresh and had a slight kick to it without being overpowering. You can taste the layers of flavor in each dish and not one overpowers the other. This tasts homemade and simply delicious. Even the desserts were authentic with Mexican candy for sale at register. YOU GOTTA GO THERE!

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
NE
“I've always had great experience here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

I've been going to Los Gallos for months. I have always had a great meal and great service. Friends and family enjoy it, too. My favorite dish is the Enchiladas with salsa verde.

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rochester
“"Food Quality & Service has gone downhill. . ."”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

My husband, son and I went to Los Gallos in September for dinner. We had visited the restaurant 3-4 times before this date. My son ordered the appetizer, queso cheese dip and chips. When they brought the cheese dip, it was so thin, it ran off the chips. We inquired about it being so thin (like a milk consistency), and were told that is the way they prepare it. I ordered a chicken & cheese Quesadilla (first time ordering the quesadilla in this restaurant). When my food came, my so-called quesadilla was large pieces of chicken, no cheese on a folded, flour tortilla that was not cooked. When I inquired about the lack of cheese, they said it had melted. I called the waiter over again, told him I was not happy with the meal and that quesadillas I had anywhere else, were cooked over a grill or griddle. They did take the food back and cooked the quesadilla, however, by that time, both my husband and son were through eating. Our waiter was terrible, we had to flag him down several times to get his attention. This restaurant is very busy with a high turnover rate. Seems they have lost their customer service skills and quality of food has suffered.

• Visited September 2011