“Staff Very Friendly and Accomodating” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #16 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Aurora, Canada
“Staff Very Friendly and Accomodating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We stayed for two nights at this hotel, from the time we checked in I was very impressed. We were given gift bags with chips, candies and bottle water. In the lobby was coffee, lemon water and freshly baked cookies. Our room was on the third floor and the beds were new and so comfortable. There was also free wifi in the room and also movies you could borrow and view in your room. They even had a lapboard to use your laptop in bed and a remote that is easy to clean. For the price I paid for this room I got great value, a nice breakfast both mornings, hot and cold. Dinner on Monday night with a glass of wine. Shopping was great all within a 5 minute drive from the hotel. All the stores you could imagine and two movie theaters and lots of restaurants all within walking distance. All of the staff were very accommodating, I plan on going back next year.

Room Tip: Third floor back of hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
James_Best_Western, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Rochester Marketplace Inn, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share about your stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed most of the amenities we offer and I will be happy to share your ind words with the team. This location is one of the nicest for shopping and eating with many places to visit, We all look forward to seeing you the next time you come and visit.

Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

This hotel was very nice. It was located in an area with easy access to the Strong Museum and many restaurants nearby. It was a short drive to Lake Ontario also. The gentleman at the front desk noticed my grandson's I-phone and ear phones in the lobby and kept them save until we claimed them after we noticed they were missing. Nice guy!! Great stay!!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

James_Best_Western, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Rochester Marketplace Inn, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for the kind words about our property and the staff, I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. I will be glad to share the comments with the entire team, I am happy to hear that we found the IPhone and were able to secure it for you I can understand the panic when you loose a phone. Again thank you for taking the time to rate us and we look forward to your next visit!
Windsor, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We stayed here last year as we crossed NY. The service here is excellent and the staff are friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and tidy. I like the fact it is close to the I 90 and you are able to walk to restaurants nearby. The bathroom is small however adequate and the sink is outside it which I like. Our grandson enjoyed the snacks and lemonade that was available in the evening and the little bag of treats we received when we checked in. The price is great!
This will certainly be a place we will return to on our trips across Northern NY.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
James_Best_Western, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Rochester Marketplace Inn, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment about your stay, it makes me very happy to hear that every time you stay with us we exceed your expectations. I will agree that the treats in the lobby are hard to resist, I am also happy that you enjoyed dinner. We look forward to seeing you soon and if there is anything myself and my staff could do for you please do not hesitate to call us

Warm regards
decatur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I have read the reviews and they are very accurate. The staff is extremely warm and welcoming. The room was a good bargain for the price. We were there during the week and we were surprised to be given a voucher for a free dinner. It was a basic dinner but when you are traveling and trying to hold down the cost of the travel and free dinner was an extremely nice touch. My only complaint is that the room could have been a bit cleaner. Not awful but a few cleaning areas were missed. But for the price compared to that of other hotels in the area, I could live with it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the kind words and comments about the staff. I will be happy to share with the team, our main goal is to make sure that everyone feels at home when staying with us and I am happy to hear the staff did just that. I apologize that the room did not meet your standards as far as cleanliness goes. If there is anything that we can do to make it right or if you would like to discuss any issue further please feel free to reach out to me at any time. I can be reached by phone at 585-427-2700 or email at jmahoney@visions-hotels.com

Thank you!
Jamestown NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

There are some hotels that don't do everything right, have a few obvious drawbacks, but you love them anyway. This hotel is one of those for me. Of course the rooms are clean and decently appointed and the rates are competitive. But there is a nice feeling to the place that brings me back. There are always considerate people checking you in and offering to help. They now provide a free dinner Mon-Thurs at a restaurant a few doors down. Location is great, close to 390 North and South, shopping and restaurants. There are almost always snacks available and a good selection of DVD's to watch in your room. Breakfast is no great shakes but it gets you going. And even though it is not the snappiest hotel in town, it remains my go to place when I travel to Rochester NY.

Room Tip: The rooms on the right as you enter the hotel seem to be a little quieter.
Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
James_Best_Western, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Rochester Marketplace Inn, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Pawley,
Thank you very much for the kind words about our location and hotel. We are all happy to hear that you enjoy your time with us each time you stay. I will be happy to share the kind comments with the team. It is our guest's feedback that helps us improve and offer the best service possible, thank you for taking the time to give us that nice feedback. We look forward to your next stay!
Canon City, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

There was hairs in the bathtub, trash ( beer caps ) between bed and nightstand. Bathroom vent was dirty, bathroom floor corners filthy. Breakfast was fine. afternoon check in staff could use some training (Victoria) .I would not stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

James_Best_Western, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Rochester Marketplace Inn, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Howard,
I would like to apologize for the things you ave experienced at our property on behalf of myself and the entire team I would like to take this time to express how sorry we are for everything, it is not something that we except. If you would like to discuss the issue further please feel free to contact me directly at 585-427-2700 or by email at jmahoney@visions-hotels.com. I would also like to invite you back for another visit in hopes you will give us a second chance to accommodate you.

Thank you for taking the time to send us your review about your stay.
Buffalo, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

This was an excellent hotel; if you have insomnia and enjoy folk dancing, come to this hotel. It is reasonable priced. It is also near many wonderful places, like Barnes and Noble, and a public library, and the Rochester Institute of Technology if you are a student. In addition, it also has a computer on the first floor, and an elevator so that you won't have to use the stairs. There is also free breakfast and free lemonade and free cookies. You also get chips and bottled water as a gift. The people even let you return to your room if you forget stuff after checkout. In short, this is an excellent place. Enjoy it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Dear Michael,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review about your stay, I agree that the area is a great location for whatever your style. There is so much to see and do while in the area, I hope you get the opportunity to come back to the area for another trip. I know the staff will be happy to accommodate you again and make you feel at home.

Been to BEST WESTERN Rochester Marketplace Inn? Share your experiences!