“Free night, hard to review” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #16 of 32 Hotels in Rochester
Ottawa, Canada
“Free night, hard to review”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This was a free (points) night - we needed a simple place to crash overnight in Rochester before a flight the next morning. For the price, then, it was obviously just fine. We wanted a quick trip to the Marketplace Mall before we had to get to the airport; therefore this location was good. Easy to find. Completely standard hotel room. Decent enough breakfast. Just ... whatever. Not great, not bad ... just ... whatever. I'd like to review this, but there is really nothing to say. It just ... is.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Keni P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Rochester Marketplace Inn, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for the review and we appreciate your thoughts about our hotel. Please contact the hotel to discuss your stay so that we may help you with any specific requests and/or anything to make your stay more comfortable. Again we appreciate your comments and wish that you return to give us another try.

Keni Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Clifton Park, Ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My stay in this hotel was okay. The room was big enough, but the bathroom was very small, and the tub had chips in the paint, and just looked old - there was mold/mildew in the grout at the base of the wall. The people were helpful when asked, but when I checked in they were complaining about some other customers. As much as I can understand that working with the public can be trying, it was unprofessional of them to complain about other guests in front of me.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review as we appreciate your feedback for our hotel. We have since coached our staff members on the importance of guest safety and security including any information. We are also working diligently to repair any and all mold/mildew issues within the bathrooms. Again we appreciate your feedback and please contact the hotel for more discussion on your stay and the possibility for a future discounted stay.

Chaplin, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I showed up after a long drive and was greeted by Victoria. I had a reservation but she couldn't seem to find it. I was expecting a problem getting a room but was so pleasantly surprised when she said "let's just get you a room and I'll figure the reservation out later". She took my itinerary information and immediately got me a room. I've had more of a delay at other locations when they have my room reserved. Victoria made me feel very welcome. I checked in the room and went out for a nice dinner. Later in the evening I turned on TV and it wasn't working. I called the front desk and was so pleased when Victoria switched my room for me and even offered to help me move my belongings. I travel quite a lot and have stayed at many hotels. I have to say this was absolutely the best experience I've had at a hotel. Victoria's excellent customer service will keep me as a returning guest.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
We truly appreciate your feedback and great comments about our staff. We are working hard to provide excellent customer service to our guests and are happy that you will return. Please do ask for me upon your return as I would like to meet in person. Please again reach out to the hotel directly if we are able to help you any further.

Watertown, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Best Western Rochester Marketplace Inn for one night, March 1, 2013. Check-in was a bit of a hassle, as the young man, Drew, at the front desk, couldn’t find our reservations. (I’d made them about a month in advance and they were already paid for.) I give the guy credit; he was a very nice person and eager to help us resolve the problem. I felt bad for the kid, because it turned out to be his first day behind the desk. Adding to the calamity, was the fact that the hotel was almost entirely booked, because of a high school robotics team that was staying there. After a phone call to the hotel manager and some more thorough searching through computer files, our reservations were found. Fine and dandy, right? Not so fast! Drew sheepishly informed us that their housekeepers were a bit behind cleaning the rooms. A worker had called in sick at the last minute, leaving two poor ladies to clean all the rooms in this three-floor hotel. He had to search for a clean room for us. (We were there at the check-in time of 3PM.) When we arrived at our room, which was supposedly ready, the two ladies were still cleaning it.

Once we finally got into our room, I took stock of the amenities. There were two Queen-sized beds, 2 armchairs, a table/ desk with Wi-Fi hookup, microwave oven, coffee pot, small refrigerator, 3-drawer dresser, an approximately 40-inch flatscreen TV, nightstand, phone, clock radio, wardrobe and a wooden bench (no cushion). The bathroom was so small, there was only enough room for the toilet and the bathtub/ shower. The sink was in the hotel room, right beside the bathroom door.

The beds were extremely comfortable, with abundant pillows. It was not a noisy hotel, which I was worried about, considering the High School Robotics Team was staying there. Shower worked well. Elevators were fast. This hotel offers free breakfast, HOWEVER, the droves of teenagers from the robotics team were up early, and by the time we got downstairs, there wasn’t any food left! (Fortunately, there’s a Denny’s down the road.)

All in all, Best Western Rochester Marketplace Inn was a good value for the money (just under $100 with tax for the night), and in a convenient location. (North Jefferson Street is a busy main drag.) I think we just chose an unlucky day/ night to stay there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your comments and feedback regarding your stay. I do understand that it was hectic during your stay as we did have many different teams in house for the tournament over the weekend. We have addressed the issues with staffing and inventory. Please consider returning to our hotel as we appreciate your business and do not hesitate to reach out to the hotel directly.

Watertown, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

i live about 150 miles away and had anearly doctors appointment i showed up and asked if i could check in early the gentelman named jack was ery polite and had a great sense of humor said most likely when keni the manager came down he said no problem and thi was 4 hours eary marisa and victoria the ladies that work there are also very nice our room was very clean and had everything we wanted my internet did not work at first and they fixed that right away they gave us directions to stores and what ever we needed im definently going back THANKS KENI AND JACK AND THE REST OF YOUR STAFF

Room Tip: MY wife and i got the honeymoon suite we have been married 18 years and never had one